The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   special situations - fiba rules-help!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/6934-special-situations-fiba-rules-help.html)

ohad_d Sat Jan 11, 2003 07:25am

hi everyone.

well, i have a liitle problem with the issue "special situations"
for those who answers me,i really need u to know what you are talking about.

1) sit 1 : b4 fouls a4 in the act of shooting and therfore a4 is awarded 2 free throws. then a5 commits a personal foul against b5.this is the 5th team foul of team a in this period. the foul by a5 occirs when : the offical enters the free throw lane to administer the first free throw.

2) sit 2 : technical foul is called on coach a.
then b5 commits a personal foul on a5.this is the 5th team foul of team b in this period. the foul by b5 occurs when :
a ) the offical enters the free throw lane to administer the first free throw.
b) after the ball touches the floor after the first throw.
c) the ball is in the hands of the shooter for the second shot.
d) after the secone shot ended,but before the ball became a live for the throw in.
e) after the ball became a live , in the hands of the player who is out side , but before the ball is in the game.

10x and remember - by fiba rules!!

ROMANO Sun Jan 12, 2003 03:22pm

i don't want to help you...
this is you'r TEST!!!

Jay R Sun Jan 12, 2003 07:23pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ohad_d
hi everyone.

well, i have a liitle problem with the issue "special situations"
for those who answers me,i really need u to know what you are talking about.

1) sit 1 : b4 fouls a4 in the act of shooting and therfore a4 is awarded 2 free throws. then a5 commits a personal foul against b5.this is the 5th team foul of team a in this period. the foul by a5 occirs when : the offical enters the free throw lane to administer the first free throw.

2) sit 2 : technical foul is called on coach a.
then b5 commits a personal foul on a5.this is the 5th team foul of team b in this period. the foul by b5 occurs when :
a ) the offical enters the free throw lane to administer the first free throw.
b) after the ball touches the floor after the first throw.
c) the ball is in the hands of the shooter for the second shot.
d) after the secone shot ended,but before the ball became a live for the throw in.
e) after the ball became a live , in the hands of the player who is out side , but before the ball is in the game.

10x and remember - by fiba rules!!

In situation 1, the penalties are offset. Resume with jump ball.

In situation 2, in every case Team B will not be awarded possession because of the subsequent foul.
In a,b and c; finish the 2 Team B Free Throws resulting from the T and proceed to 2 Free Throws to team A
In d; 2 Team B Free Throws to Team A
In e; I don;t understand the situation?

Jay

ROMANO Tue Jan 14, 2003 01:18am

In situayion e:this is like offensive foul.the ball shall go to team A.no jump ball

NICK Tue Jan 14, 2003 04:38am

situation 1=jumpball
situation 2= 2s + p to team b for coach a tech foul
situation 2a= 2 shots to team b followed by 2 shots by a5
situation 2b= ditto
situation 2c= ditto
situation 2d= ditto
situation 2e= ditto
the right to possession by team b for a coach tech is lost as 2 shots by team b is to be followed emmidiately by a5 2 shots, although consider this: if foul by b5 is committed during dead ball period might it be a flagrant foul as he is not playing the ball during situation 2a, 2b, and 2c

ROMANO Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:26am

sitution e :no shots to team a JUST BALL POSSESSION,NICK.

ohad_d Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:47am

i didnt understand.

in case 2 - d , e

team a get possession or 2 free throws?

10x everyone!

kmref Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:11pm

Too much in-for-ma-tion.
Head going to ex-plode.
Why? Why? Why?

too many threads all in one!

ROMANO Tue Jan 14, 2003 01:42pm

KM-ref
why yo-u speak li-ke th-at?
wh-y why WHY???
WE D-O UNDER-STAND YO-U!
IT'S O-K!!

NICK Tue Jan 14, 2003 08:33pm

MY APOLOGIES, after consulting the FIBA rule book, in situation 2e, "live ball" means in control of the player about to throw in the ball; therefore Team Control, although player control has not yet been established. So the answer is Team Conrol Foul, no shots by B team and the ball is inbounded at the spot nearest to where the foul occurred by Team A. I must presume that these situations has not yet happened, but you are preparing for what you think might happen. Again I must mention about fouls during dead ball periods. Might it not be better "preventive officiating" if you stopped the game before calling a foul, casually mention that any fouls you might call during a dead ball period might be deemed as flagrant and intentional which means 2S + P. In my experience, players tend to back off then.

ohad_d Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:29am

romano what do u say about it?

ROMANO Wed Jan 15, 2003 01:33pm

I say that now Nick is right, and it's to much in-for-ma-tion for Kmref....