The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 31, 2002, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Is anyone using any Nike shoes that are comfortable and appropriate for reffing?
Old Wed Jan 01, 2003, 01:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Well, since the other shoe thread wasn't enough for you, I"ll just RE-ITERATE. My first pair of ref shoes were Nike Air Lo's. I liked them very much although they were a little too big and I lost a couple of toenails. My next pair were Converse Whistles, I didn't like them as well. Now I'm wearing Nike Air Highs and I love them. My podiatrist make me some special inserts that aren't as fancy (nor as expensive!) as custom orthotics, but they are very nice and help a lot. He says he thinks hi tops are better, especially with this fancy lacing technique he rcommends. Since I have two pair, I figure I'm pretty close to set for life!
Old Wed Jan 01, 2003, 02:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I used the Nike Cross Trainer my first couple years of officiating. An Assignor told me to get rid of them. They were too lite for my style of officiating.
Old Wed Jan 01, 2003, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
I am usually not a big fan of Nike's. I use Brooks when I run and Adidas when I play bball. BUT, I found a GREAT pair of Nike's a few months ago at Shoe Carnival (and saw them again at finish line) They are the NIKE STRONGSIDE. It is a cross training shoe, so it is a little sturdier then a running shoe. I bought a couple of pair for the season. (Buy one get one 1/2 off sale) THe pair I saw in Finish Line were about $55.