Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:01pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 View Post
For the record Mark, your post made me chuckle.

I appreciate all the advice, and I will be turning back the games I have coming up. I dont want to ruin my officiating career when its barely started. The dr I am seeing specializes in sports medicine, so hopefully he can get me back to full speed. For those out there who speculated that it might be a cartilage issue/tear, do they generally require surgery or just rest?
You might also look into Volleyball. I have recently started that sport, though my knees are fine. After you see the Dr., of course.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Let me see - you have 15 posts here and I have over 11,000. When you hit 5000, then we'll talk. Oh wait - why don't you just put me on your ignore list and then you won't have to worry about chuckling here ever again. Of course, you'd also have to put BillyMac and a few others on it. I've got an idea - why don't you put everyone on it!

Oh yeah - welcome to the board.
You do know that he could have very well have read the boards before registering right? And you do realize that he does have a point? And if we were to take a look at your 11,000 or so posts, a real healthy percentage of those posts would be OT or jokes...or as of late, resurrecting posts from over 7 years ago....Just saying. I'll guess I wait till I get 3,000 or so more posts till we talk.

To the OP, I remember when I had a knee issue a couple of years ago...had a tear of my left lateral meniscus. Hurt to walk on it and couldn't bend the knee past 40 degrees. Pain would subside if I said off of it...and I could walk on it pain-free for a couple of minutes before it would come back again. Had to have a meniscectomy which resulted in the taking 1/3 of it out. Recovery was 3 weeks after doing everything the doc said to a tee.

Assuming your doc says it's okay, Rut's advice is very true. I'm a big proponent of lifting heavy weights while working on maintaining our cardiovascular endurance. Getting the work done in the off season gets our body ready for the pounding it'll take. During the regular season, I cut back on the volume but still keep the intensity high. As far as knees goes, heavy squats have helped with my knee issues as it strengthens a lot of muscles around the knee.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Kingsman1288
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
You might also look into Volleyball.
I want to earn my money, not steal it :-D
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:28pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ref View Post
Wow... Every single thread you have to interject some sort of stupid comment. Kudos to you though.... This one might be the worst.
Do what I do. It allows me to actually read the decent stuff, and for the record, I don't laugh any less on this board than before. None of the posters who are actually funny are affected by my ignore list.

Just one guy who thinks he's funny and two who think they're smart.

Of course, if people would remember quoting etiquette.....

That leads me to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
You do know that he could have very well have read the boards before registering right? And you do realize that he does have a point? And if we were to take a look at your 11,000 or so posts, a real healthy percentage of those posts would be OT or jokes...or as of late, resurrecting posts from over 7 years ago....Just saying. I'll guess I wait till I get 3,000 or so more posts till we talk.
+1
As if having a sh1t-ton of posts gives someone any more license to be an a$$ than someone who has just a fraction of that.

Yes, I'm pretending my post count gives me the right to be a jerk.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Do what I do. It allows me to actually read the decent stuff, and for the record, I don't laugh any less on this board than before. None of the posters who are actually funny are affected by my ignore list.

Just one guy who thinks he's funny and two who think they're smart.

Of course, if people would remember quoting etiquette.....
Why do people need an ignore list to not read or care what someone says? I will never understand this because all the ignore list does is highlight the person you are so-called ignoring they comment. Just scroll down and most past them. I do it in many threads.

Peace
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:53pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Why do people need an ignore list to not read or care what someone says? I will never understand this because all the ignore list does is highlight the person you are so-called ignoring they comment. Just scroll down and most past them. I do it in many threads.

Peace
Yeah, I like to mix it up. Some people I treat like you do, just scroll past their names. I do that with those who occasionally write something I would like to read.
I use the list for those who rarely, if ever, contribute anything I think is worthwhile; and for those who like to post pictures I'd just rather not see.

Oh, and my comments about "quoting etiqutte" are tongue in cheek. I frankly don't care, as the ignore list still weeds out most of the crap.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 05:03pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Oh, and my comments about "quoting etiqutte" are tongue in cheek. I frankly don't care, as the ignore list still weeds out most of the crap.
I am not upset about that and never understand why others would be either. Which is why the entire "ignore list" thing is funny to me.

Peace
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 06:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Up The Down Staircase ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
You might also look into Volleyball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsman1288 View Post
I want to earn my money, not steal it.
I don't know about 26 Year Gap's suggestion? Climbing up, and then later, down, that ladder could put some real stress on that knee, not to mention your entire skeletal, muscular, and cardiovascular system. Better get a complete physical before trying to officiate a demanding sport like volleyball that requires one to be in top physical condition.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Apr 16, 2011 at 10:36am.
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 06:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Helps Me To Concentrate On The Really Important Stuff ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Why don't you just put me on your ignore list? Of course, you'd also have to put BillyMac and a few others on it.
I've put myself on my ignore list.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Apr 15, 2011 at 06:21pm.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2011, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Mark, NoFuss still loves ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ref View Post
Wow... Every single thread you have to interject some sort of stupid comment. Kudos to you though.... This one might be the worst.
Don't listen to this Mark...

I THOUGH IT WAS A KNEE SLAPPER!
Old Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:02pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFussRef View Post
Don't listen to this Mark...
I'll agree it was nowhere near his worst.