The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Butler-VCU (or VCU-Butler) Conversation (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/66055-butler-vcu-vcu-butler-conversation.html)

bob jenkins Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:56pm

Butler-VCU (or VCU-Butler) Conversation

yakety yak here

Nevadaref Fri Apr 01, 2011 06:33pm

Butler is favored by 2.5

VaTerp Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08pm

Amazed

I am from Richmond, went to grad shool at VCU, and did work for the Jeff Capel show.

Im still simply amazed that VCU is in the Final Four. It almost surreal to me. And I never thought, that at any point, my grad school would have a MUCH better basketball program than my undergrad.

Again, amazing.

Judtech Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08am

Since my mom went to Butler back in the day. I am torn. Do I revert to the ways of my rebellious youth and go w/ VCU? Or do I look to the future and stay in "The Will" and root for Butler?
Decisions Decisions.

grunewar Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 746137)
Since my mom went to Butler back in the day. I am torn. Do I revert to the ways of my rebellious youth and go w/ VCU? Or do I look to the future and stay in "The Will" and root for Butler?
Decisions Decisions.

Depends where you're watching the game! :p

jbduke Sat Apr 02, 2011 02:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 746055)
I am from Richmond, went to grad shool at VCU, and did work for the Jeff Capel show.

Im still simply amazed that VCU is in the Final Four. It almost surreal to me. And I never thought, that at any point, my grad school would have a MUCH better basketball program than my undergrad.
Again, amazing.

I'm assuming you went to Maryland. If not, please ignore the rest of this post.

Three weeks ago, Shaka Smart didn't gather his team to watch the selection show because he had no expectation that they'd even be invited.

VCU's run has been nothing short of amazing, and I would be thrilled if it lasted two more games. But do five wins in a row make them a "MUCH better basketball program" than Maryland? There's an extremely strong likelihood that the person coaching VCU next season is someone that even most passionate college hoops fans haven't heard of yet. I think that is a much more accurate measure of the difference between VCU's program and Maryland's program right now.

Scrapper1 Sat Apr 02, 2011 03:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbduke (Post 746188)
But do five wins in a row make them a "MUCH better basketball program" than Maryland?

Maryland didn't even get into the NIT. :eek:

APG Sat Apr 02, 2011 05:03pm

Chat Room - Join a Free Chat Room or Get Your Own Free Chat Room From ParaChat

Raymond Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:06pm

Didn't like Driscoll's block call on Butler from the C. Would have liked to see him defer to Luckie in the Lead.

grunewar Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:10pm

Lucky had the foul, but held it and deferred.

Raymond Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 746238)

Yeah, b/c Driscoll came in banging his hips.

grunewar Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 746241)
Yeah, b/c Driscoll came in banging his hips.

oh, he sold it!

canuckrefguy Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 746236)
Didn't like Driscoll's block call on Butler from the C. Would have liked to see him defer to Luckie in the Lead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 746238)

That's a good call for the C to make - Driscoll was a just bit behind the play, so don't think he had the best look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 746221)

Says "disconnected"

Raymond Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckrefguy (Post 746244)
That's a good call for the C to make - Driscoll was a just bit behind the play, so don't think he had the best look.

Says "disconnected"

To me, Luckie, in the Lead, had the better look.

grunewar Sat Apr 02, 2011 06:18pm

A good pregame?