The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 23, 2011, 12:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
You're making it sound like he was paying players or agents or something. From what I've seen, he made too many phone calls and hosted a player in his own home. Hardly puts him in the top echelon of NCAA cheaters; even in basketball. Hell, I'm pretty sure he's not really even qualified to coach in the.....WAIT FOR IT.....SEC with these lowly credentials.

Leader in the clubhouse? He's not even going to make the cut with this.
I totally agree!!!!

Peace
Old Wed Mar 23, 2011, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
I thought I was clear earlier -- I was in grad school there a long time ago. Back then, tickets were free for the students and easy to come by. The women drew more fans than the men.

I just read that Shaka Smart is being spoken of for the Tennessee job. I could get behind that. He's from Wisconsin and his rise through the coaching ranks has been meteoric.
Well, at least I thought you were younger! 'Shaka' Kahn would be better than Pearl.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 05:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Maybe we could make a run in the Missouri Valley.
I don't think you guys can beat Northern Iowa...maybe Drake..maybe.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 05:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Good for you.

I like the enthusiasm and winning he brought to Knoxville on the men's side. I liked his showing up at the Lady Vol games in body paint and the rapport he had with Pat Summitt (who chose her words very carefully when asked about the situation) who showed up in a cheerleader outfit to cheer on the men's team. The team won and the fans came out.

If you don't care about Tennessee basketball or are an Illinois fan who holds a 20-year grudge, fine, he's a cheater, run him out of town, whatever. But personally, I don't give a sh!t about any of that. At all.

It's a crime that the AD (who sacrificed the team last weekend in a calculated move in an effort to save his sorry a$$) still has a job.

And the violations were what? Having a recruit at a BBQ at his house? Making a phone call or 100 too many? Y-A-W-N.

Rich, you are an official and you are saying you don't care about a coach cheating...are you in the wrong part time profession?
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 06:46am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
Rich, you are an official and you are saying you don't care about a coach cheating...are you in the wrong part time profession?
I am a game official. I work games on the floor. I couldn't possibly care less what goes on behind the scenes.

If a coach cheats during the game, I'll take care of it within the rules I'm asked to enforce.

Also, I'm not an NCAA official and have no desire to ever be one. To me, cheating in college basketball means as much to me as cheating in the NBA. I don't really care.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 07:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am a game official. I work games on the floor. I couldn't possibly care less what goes on behind the scenes.

If a coach cheats during the game, I'll take care of it within the rules I'm asked to enforce.

Also, I'm not an NCAA official and have no desire to ever be one. To me, cheating in college basketball means as much to me as cheating in the NBA. I don't really care.
To me cheating is cheating and I can't condone any of it...but that is just me.
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 11:00am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
To me cheating is cheating and I can't condone any of it...but that is just me.
I am sorry but I do not equate NCAA violations where it is illegal to pay to send a kid back to their parent’s funeral to someone committing academic fraud. Both illegal by the NCAA BTW.

The NCAA has a lot of stupid rules that have little or nothing to do with getting advantage.

And please, what we do on court/field/diamond is not the same as what happens off of those venues.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 24, 2011, 11:14am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Then the ban is lifted and he's hired as the next coach of Kentucky after Calipari leaves and Kentucky is put on probation.
Do you actually believe Calipari will still be at UK in 5 years???