The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 11, 2002, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
My sense was that Ben was a fairly new official. That might be wrong, but that's the feeling I got. Maybe he was pressed into service b/c a V official didn't show. Or maybe the girls' V games are considered a better way to start out HS than with boys JV. I don't know. . .
Old Wed Dec 11, 2002, 12:28pm
Esteemed Participant

I just reread my post, and it did sound like I was jumping on Ridgeben...sorry...not my intent...I am just a little amazed at some of the situations and questions that are coming up here all of the sudden, and so many of them seem to be "basic" type things that happened in varsity games...just posted a reaction...my apologies to ridgeben...
Old Wed Dec 11, 2002, 02:30pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ridgeben
Rocky-
You are correct, I did have a misunderstaning of that backcourt rule, but for the record I ran it by quite a few "Senior" officials and many of them took their time with it. I posted the message on the board becuase I had a feeling that I interpereted the rule incorrectly, and was glad that I did.
Ben
Old Wed Dec 11, 2002, 02:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by Lotto
The "four points" idea that's been quote in this forum many times has helped me immensely:
[snip]
Actually, Lotto, Team A doesn't even have to touch the ball in their frontcourt in some wacky situations.
If you are going to use this four points system, then you must be precise. Your third part needs to read "Team A last to touch before backcourt."
You're absolutely right, of course. I wrote too much...I just think in my head "last touch" and "first touch".