The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Dec 10, 2002, 02:11pm
Jerry Blum

Unhappy

Last Saturday I was doing the Boys 3rd place game of a tournament with 3man mechanics. Game was pretty physical and there had been a couple of controversial calls as far as the fans and Coaches were concerned. I was at Center opposite trail, there was a 3pt shot from the top of the key, defender came to block out shooter once the shooter floor and there was a collision and ther trail ended up calling a foul on the shooter because as he happened to be falling he grabbed the defender.(This was just background info for the big problem)

After foul is called I switched to the C and we were heading the other way, and I was right in front of the coach who's player had just had the foul called on him. The coach was talking to me trying to tell that the kid who got fouled was a dirty player and he wanted to pay attention to him. Well as the coach is talking to me the player he was complaining about walks by and bumps into the coach. Well obviously the coach gets really upset and is yelling at the kid, at me and just generally jsut very upset that he got bumped by this kid. Luckily I was able to get this under control by getting the coach to sit down on the bench and the player back out on the floor. Now I can't remember exactly what the coach said after he got bumped, but I got a call from the AD today asking me if I remembered what was said because he had gotten a complaint about the coach yelling at the player or something.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation of suggestions about ways to handle this situation.

Thanks.