The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Two old problems, one new one (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/6512-two-old-problems-one-new-one.html)

rainmaker Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:59am

1. Forgot how much laundry is involved in this "hobby!!!"

2. The traffic is worse than ever. Getting to babysitter, and then games takes forever!!!

New problem:

3.' What do y'all do about static electricity? My slacks look very weird these days -- clinging to the compression shorts, and lots of lint around the bottom. HELP!!

Mark Padgett Tue Dec 10, 2002 01:19am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
3.' What do y'all do about static electricity? My slacks look very weird these days -- clinging to the compression shorts, and lots of lint around the bottom. HELP!!
Juulie - they have this new invention. It's called fabric softener dryer sheets! They have them at all the stores now.

BTW - no one in Portland says "y'all".

Tim Roden Tue Dec 10, 2002 02:41am

Mark, she has been IMing my wife too much lately. Were in Texas.:-)

About the pants. Fabric softener does wonders. Also, don't run the pants so long in the dryer. And work the games in the rain forest. Not in the desert.

bob jenkins Tue Dec 10, 2002 08:56am

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim Roden
Mark, she has been IMing my wife too much lately. Were in Texas.:-)

About the pants. Fabric softener does wonders. Also, don't run the pants so long in the dryer. And work the games in the rain forest. Not in the desert.

But, if you wear any InteraWear products, don't use the fabric softener on them.

ChuckElias Tue Dec 10, 2002 09:37am

Quote:

Originally posted by bob jenkins
if you wear any InteraWear products, don't use the fabric softener on them.
Really?!?!?! Glad you said that, as I just got my Interawear shirts yesterday. Giving them a test run tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Chuck

NCAAREF Tue Dec 10, 2002 09:42am

Zaaap...crackle...pop

There is also a product out in aerosal called Static Guard that works great. Comes in small travel size cans. A little spritz on your pants before you go on the court and all is well.

rainmaker Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:18am

Re: Zaaap...crackle...pop

Quote:

Originally posted by NCAAREF
There is also a product out in aerosal called Static Guard that works great. Comes in small travel size cans. A little spritz on your pants before you go on the court and all is well.
Thanks for this. I HATE dryer sheets. I hate the smell, I hate the feel after a few runs. I'll try the Static Guard.

Brian Watson Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:45pm

Re: Re: Zaaap...crackle...pop

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for this. I HATE dryer sheets. I hate the smell, I hate the feel after a few runs. I'll try the Static Guard.

Aerosal Hair Sparay works too.

hawkk Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:15am

In the absence of the easier options, even water will help cut the static electricity

Camron Rust Wed Dec 11, 2002 04:57pm

Re: Re: Zaaap...crackle...pop

Quote:

Quote:

I use dryer sheets and run the dryer until they are just barely dry. The longer they run, the more static they get. You could hang dry them, there will be no static then.

AK ref SE Wed Dec 11, 2002 05:48pm

The lint problem can be taken care of by the Tape Rollers . I carry one in my bag!

DownTownTonyBrown Wed Dec 11, 2002 06:05pm

Deadly dryer sheets

Saw an official the other night in about the middle of the 1st quarter with something white hangin out his pant leg....

No it's not what your thinking.....

A little later a dryer sheet falls out of his pant leg. He saw it but left It laying on the end line until nearly half-time.

Glad no one slipped on it.

At least pick it up and put it in your pocket. Safety Safety Safety