The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT - old basketball team photos (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/65024-ot-old-basketball-team-photos.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 16, 2011 06:59pm

OT - old basketball team photos

Here's a link to some photos of my high school basketball teams going all the way back to the 1907-08 team for boys and the 1905 team for girls (check out the uniforms)! You can click on a photo to have it pop up or watch them in a slide show by clicking on that.

The first link is for the boys teams, the second for the girls teams.

Bloom High School

Bloom High School

grunewar Wed Mar 16, 2011 07:04pm

C'mon Mark, help a brother out.

Which one is Jurassic and which one is MTD, Sr.?

ref2coach Wed Mar 16, 2011 09:46pm

Lightweight and Heavyweight rather than JV/Var. Crack me up.

26 Year Gap Wed Mar 16, 2011 09:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 740586)
C'mon Mark, help a brother out.

Which one is Jurassic and which one is MTD, Sr.?

Obviously, Jurassic is the one in the suit. He is probably pretty embarrassed to admit that once upon a time he was a c-o-a-c-h.

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17pm

Ya' know - one of the guys in the pictures might be Jerry Colangelo. He did go to my HS and he's pretty old. ;)

BBrules Thu Mar 17, 2011 09:21am

Gotta love the bloomers. My mother wore them when she played in the mid 1920's. She told us about a game where a girl on the opposing team wore heels on the court and she would jump and try to hook them in the bloomers to pull them down. Talk about advantage/disavantage. Try to play with your pants around your ankles.

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBrules (Post 740732)
Try to play with your pants around your ankles.

I try to do that all the time. Oh wait - you're talking about basketball. Never mind. :p

JRutledge Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11am

Certainly does not look like the Bloom HS I know. :D

Peace

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 740813)
Certainly does not look like the Bloom HS I know. :D

Peace

Yeah - it's changed over the years. When I went there in the early 60's (that's the 1960's), it was like being at the United Nations. We had every ethnic group, color, religion, etc. you could imagine. If you wanted to be "one of the guys", you had to qualify by adhering to two criteria. One - you had to like sports. You didn't have to be good at sports, just like them. Two - you had to like girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

For those of you not familiar with the area, Bloom HS is located in Chicago Heights, which is about 35 miles south of the Loop, straight down Halstead street. My family moved from inside the city on the south side to "da Heights", as it was called, when I was in third grade and I really grew up there.

M&M Guy Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 740818)
...and I really grew up there.

Hmm...up for discussion? ;) :D

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 740826)
Hmm...up for discussion? ;) :D

Well, I grew up there physically, anyway. :rolleyes: