The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 04:22pm
This IS My Social Life

Season's Done . . . Next on the Agenda

What a great year! Hope you had the same.
State tourney assignments done, ending my season. Congrats to all of you going much beyond that in your state.
Next step, send balance due for one summer camp and enroll in second one the dates and details of which are not yet set.
Here's wishing all you a great off season, as long as your off season somehow serves as valuable prep for next season. Enroll in your summer camp(s) now!
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 04:27pm
Courageous When Prudent

One camp in May paid for. Will contact the camp director for a Memorial Day weekend camp down around Atlanta sometime this next week. Probably won't do any AAU until the big boys come to town for Nike the 2nd weekend in April.

Will do some military intra-murals for an Army post that just recently started its season that run through the first week of May.
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:06pm
Official Forum Member

Next up for me is baseball season. I'll work some lower level games starting in late April, then work a full high school schedule from the last week of May until the middle of July. I do have a basketball camp I'm going to attend in June as well with both of my varsity partners. I still love officiating but I appreciate the dead times between seasons as well.
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 08:27pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
First AAU games [I call ALL of those organizations AAU] last night. 2nd one was a hackfest and a Shaqfest. At least 50 fouls and 6 DQs. I think the DQs outnumbered the filled in circles in the scorebook. Good thing there was not a 3rd game---it was way behind schedule if there would have been one. UGH.
Old Sat Mar 12, 2011, 09:47pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I'm fortunate enough that in April we start with a two-month, HS Varsity Boys League that consist of players who will continue for their HS team's next yr (read, current Varsity underclassman and up and coming JV players). They aren't able to be coached by their HS Coaches so it's usually a dad or other school official. They run the same plays/offense, etc.

It's a good training ground for our offiicials as our training committee and college officials give us instruction.

It's funny and odd to see the V coaches watching from the other side of the gym.
Old Sun Mar 13, 2011, 01:43am
Archaic Power Monger

I am enjoying some time off with my family right now. We are also just about done doing some landscaping in the front yard. We planted a bunch of different flowers, including some California poppies as a memento of where we came from. I think we've laid about 1,000 yards of mulch too...OK maybe not that much but it sure seems like it.

In relation to officiating, we have spring football coming up pretty soon so I will be working some of those scrimmages and games. I also am planning on attending a 3 whistle camp at the end of May. I will probably also attend a football clinic this summer.

Right now, I am working on getting into better shape. That is going along but I have a long way to go to reach my destination. Oh I also need to finish putting together all of my records for taxes.
Old Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:55am
9/11 - Never Forget

No hurry.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Oh I also need to finish putting together all of my records for taxes.
Ya think?
Old Sun Mar 13, 2011, 09:45pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Ya think?
So I like to procrastinate a little...sue me.

Our tax appointment is next Saturday, I have time.
Old Sun Mar 13, 2011, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Butterfly182310
Come on guys. It's the middle of March already. The next thing on your agenda should be golf!!
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 07:35am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly182310 View Post
Come on guys. It's the middle of March already. The next thing on your agenda should be golf!!
Don't play. Golf is on my radar only 4 times a year.
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 07:38am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
I hope to get out more than last yr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Don't play. Golf is on my radar only 4 times a year.
Got it!

"Augusta, a venue like no other......here on C B S"
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 08:43am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
No thanks, I get enough stress at work, I don't need it during "recreation".
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I'm fortunate enough that in April we start with a two-month, HS Varsity Boys League that consist of players who will continue for their HS team's next yr (read, current Varsity underclassman and up and coming JV players). They aren't able to be coached by their HS Coaches so it's usually a dad or other school official. They run the same plays/offense, etc.

It's a good training ground for our offiicials as our training committee and college officials give us instruction.

It's funny and odd to see the V coaches watching from the other side of the gym.
Enjoy it this year. Starting Aug 11 coaches are allowed to coach "year round" . THe only "dead" periods are the first week in July and 10 day windows during the start of other sports!
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 10:26am
Back from the DL

Travel basketball, travel soccer, and most importantly, stepping up conditioning efforts. (Often, they go hand in hand.)
Old Mon Mar 14, 2011, 10:51am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judtech View Post
Enjoy it this year. Starting Aug 11 coaches are allowed to coach "year round" . THe only "dead" periods are the first week in July and 10 day windows during the start of other sports!
Wow! Throughout the Fed? Now there's news! Thanks.