The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 01, 2002, 10:38pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Played a close game today, had a 4 point lead with about 2 to play. One of my best players, and top FT shooters, gets knocked to the floor with us in the 2 shot bonus. Blood on the knee. Ref says I must sub. Thanks to lengthy discussion on blood and subs (new rule this year), I asked for TO instead, got player cleaned and back in. She knocked down one of two, and we coasted to a win with her making a couple of great plays down the stretch.

One more reason it pays to pay attention to the little things that you learn here!

Old Tue Dec 03, 2002, 07:27am
In Memoriam

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Played a close game today, had a 4 point lead with about 2 to play. One of my best players, and top FT shooters, gets knocked to the floor with us in the 2 shot bonus. Blood on the knee. Ref says I must sub. Thanks to lengthy discussion on blood and subs (new rule this year), I asked for TO instead, got player cleaned and back in. She knocked down one of two, and we coasted to a win with her making a couple of great plays down the stretch.

One more reason it pays to pay attention to the little things that you learn here!

Coach,
Was this a tough sell, or were the official, and the other coach, well informed ?
mick
Old Wed Dec 04, 2002, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Had two really strong officials that game - which was nice, because it was a third place game in a tournament and they also did the championship. So they had no problem with the request. And I never pay attention to the other coach unless he really draws attention to himself. He didn't on this play, and he's a really balanced guy anyway - I like playing against him. So if he argued, it wasn't long and loud.
Old Wed Dec 04, 2002, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Had two really strong officials that game - which was nice, because it was a third place game in a tournament and they also did the championship. So they had no problem with the request. And I never pay attention to the other coach unless he really draws attention to himself. He didn't on this play, and he's a really balanced guy anyway - I like playing against him. So if he argued, it wasn't long and loud.
Hawks Coach: Just curious, but where was the game? If local, were they Cardinal officials?