The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 26, 2011, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneRef View Post
Middle school girl about 4 seasons ago played with no left hand. Was missing right at the wrist. She was the teams best player. She would even dribble with her stump! Honestly, i didn't notice it at first cause she played really good, i only noticed it after a couple games. She was REALLY good!
I remember her! As soon as I started reading this thread I thought of her. Played for Marist's Middle School Quad-A She was one of the fastest point-guards in the league, had better court awareness and ball handling skills than most HS Boys! Even more impressive was she could hit free-throws all day.

Yes I am that Bass-turd that once called her for double-dribble (illegal-dribble) LOL. Her coach of course loved the fact that it was correct call and we gave it to her. Thanked me for it at halftime.
Old Sun Feb 27, 2011, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfpdi View Post
I saw the women mentioned in the Referee article working Blue Chip camp at Penn State last summer. She was wearing shorts or you would not have even known she had a prosthetic leg. She got up and down the court just fine.
Manhattan College(D1, MAAC) has a player with one arm.
That is her. The referee magazine article was fantastic. She is working several D1 conferences and still refs for our high school board. She just got selected to do the State Girl's Final this year. More importantly, she is a wonderful person who helped me get into college ball. By the way, are you going to Blue Chip again this July?
Old Sun Feb 27, 2011, 06:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFussRef View Post
Even more impressive was she could hit free-throws all day.
All day long, i remember that, It was ridiculous. Wonder what ever happened to her...
Old Sun Feb 27, 2011, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Walter,

Eventhough I am an official I was at Blue Chip because my daughter was playing. I will not be back this year as my daughter moves on to college.
Old Sun Feb 27, 2011, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfpdi View Post
Walter,

Eventhough I am an official I was at Blue Chip because my daughter was playing. I will not be back this year as my daughter moves on to college.
I was just curious. It is a really good camp. I've been there the last three years and I am definitely going back again. I could do without the heat in the IM building though!