The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   End of game play from the Land of Steady Habits (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/62530-end-game-play-land-steady-habits.html)

chseagle Tue Feb 15, 2011 04:02pm

End of game play from the Land of Steady Habits

Found this "gem" on Yahoo!

A game-winning 4-point play, complete with midcourt buzzer beater - Prep Rally - High School - Yahoo! Sports

Looking closely at the video, to me it looks as if the player traveled before releasing the shot/getting fouled.

Also was she actually fouled as it looks as if she was off balance releasing the shot.

Everyone else's thoughts??

APG Tue Feb 15, 2011 04:09pm

I see nothing but a stupid foul by a defender and a lucky three point shot.

tw1ns Tue Feb 15, 2011 04:11pm

Looks good to me. Two steps and a shot.

tref Tue Feb 15, 2011 04:15pm

Looks like a solid call to me.

Somebody needs more coaching!!

APG Tue Feb 15, 2011 04:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 730409)

Also was she actually fouled as it looks as if she was off balance releasing the shot.

The reason the girl is off balance is because she gets hip checked. She was well under control before that contact occurred.

bainsey Tue Feb 15, 2011 04:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 730412)
I see nothing but a stupid foul by a defender and a lucky three point shot.

+1

No travel.

BillyMac Tue Feb 15, 2011 06:35pm

Where's The Third Official ???

Just kidding. Welcome to my world.

Raymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:56pm

chseagle, I'm missing the point of this thread.

bob jenkins Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 730520)
chseagle, I'm missing the point of this thread.

The point is that he's learned to search Yahoo, or click on whatever shows up on their front page, and wants us all to know about it.

chseagle Wed Feb 16, 2011 01:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 730522)
The point is that he's learned to search Yahoo, or click on whatever shows up on their front page, and wants us all to know about it.

I'm not clicking on every single basketball story & posting it however, so there are some breaks :)

Adam Wed Feb 16, 2011 07:16am

It's like the coach who talks too much during the game, leading you to ignore him. Then, when he has a legitimate question or needs a time out, you miss it because you had to tune him out.

JugglingReferee Wed Feb 16, 2011 08:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 730409)
Found this "gem" on Yahoo!

A game-winning 4-point play, complete with midcourt buzzer beater - Prep Rally - High School - Yahoo! Sports

Looking closely at the video, to me it looks as if the player traveled before releasing the shot/getting fouled.

Everyone else's thoughts??

Close, but there was not a travel. I can't comment on the foul aspect because of the video quality.