The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Mic'd up official (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/62476-micd-up-official.html)

bbcof83 Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50pm

Mic'd up official

Watching the Kansas @ K-State game just now and I heard Musberger and Knight talking about an official being mic'd up some time in the future. Did anyone hear this/know what they're talking about? I would love to catch that and hear what is said in a big time D1 game.

APG Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:05pm

They used to mic up officials during NBA games. There's even a clip of Bennett Salvatore talking with Allen Iverson and Larry Brown and even handing him a T. They stopped doing that a while ago. I doubt you'd hear anything good. Couldn't air it haha

stiffler3492 Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 730140)
They used to mic up officials during NBA games. There's even a clip of Bennett Salvatore talking with Allen Iverson and Larry Brown and even handing him a T. They stopped doing that a while ago. I doubt you'd hear anything good. Couldn't air it haha

Not long ago, someone posted a video of a guy who was mic'd up. I think it was Rasheed Wallace he T'd up. He even said "Whack" when he T'd him!!

APG Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 730142)
Not long ago, someone posted a video of a guy who was mic'd up. I think it was Rasheed Wallace he T'd up. He even said "Whack" when he T'd him!!

Ron Garretson ejecting Rasheed Wallace.

jeffpea Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 730140)

ask and ye shall receive:

YouTube - Allen Iverson & Larry Brown argue with the NBA referee

jeffpea Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 730142)

Whack! Get Out!...YouTube - Whack! Get out! Rasheed ejected by Ron Garretson.

jeffpea Tue Feb 15, 2011 01:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcof83 (Post 730133)
Watching the Kansas @ K-State game just now and I heard Musberger and Knight talking about an official being mic'd up some time in the future. Did anyone hear this/know what they're talking about? I would love to catch that and hear what is said in a big time D1 game.

here's what you would hear in the NBA...

YouTube - NBA referees wired

chseagle Tue Feb 15, 2011 01:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpea (Post 730163)
here's what you would hear in the NBA...

YouTube - NBA referees wired

The official buying the beers was the best one ever

Raymond Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcof83 (Post 730133)

I don't see the NCAA ever approving this.

bbcof83 Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:52am

So it sounds like no one else was watching during that part of the game. Shoot. Thanks for the clips though, why the hell does what's his face carry around cash in his pocket while on the floor? That's bad.

BEAREF Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcof83 (Post 730231)
So it sounds like no one else was watching during that part of the game. Shoot. Thanks for the clips though, why the hell does what's his face carry around cash in his pocket while on the floor? That's bad.

I bet he uses it to keep track of the possession arrow...you know how the table crew can be sometimes.;)

JugglingReferee Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:59am

Quote:

It would have been very bad if that game was from a few years ago, and Tim Donaghy was on the crew. :eek:

VTOfficial Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:02am

I heard it too

Quote:

So it sounds like no one else was watching during that part of the game.

I was watching when they made that comment. It is part of Rivalry Week for the ESPN family of networks. For one of the games this week, one of the officials will be mic'd. I can't tell you which game or who the official will be but I did hear it too.

APG Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:07am

Quote:

The official's name is Joe Crawford.

Da Official Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffpea (Post 730153)

Greatness!!!! "I suggest YOU sit down! LOL!!! :D