The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old Tue Feb 15, 2011, 10:14am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea View Post
Great explanation!!! "Staring and trying to intimidate..". That's enough for me....send him! LOL!
__________________
Da Official
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old Tue Feb 15, 2011, 10:23am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTOfficial View Post
I was watching when they made that comment. It is part of Rivalry Week for the ESPN family of networks. For one of the games this week, one of the officials will be mic'd. I can't tell you which game or who the official will be but I did hear it too.
I think that they said it was Michigan State against Wisconsin maybe. I was a bit distracted by the lousy play of Kansas to know for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old Tue Feb 15, 2011, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper68 View Post
I think that they said it was Michigan State against Wisconsin maybe. I was a bit distracted by the lousy play of Kansas to know for sure.
Sweet, thanks man.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old Tue Feb 15, 2011, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Posts: 106
Just said Jim Burr is wearing during the Ohio St. Michigan St game right now
__________________
If it's not one thing -- it's your Mother.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 08:46am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 7,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSams View Post
Just said Jim Burr is wearing during the Ohio St. Michigan St game right now
I have no idea what this means.
__________________
Cheers,
mb
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 09:09am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,279
Jim Burr had a microphone on during the Michigan State/Ohio State game last night. I only saw part of the second half, but they showed him talking to Izzo once, and showed an MSU player, who he had just whacked for spiking the ball, come up to him and apologize.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 09:31am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Detroit Metro
Posts: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Jim Burr had a microphone on during the Michigan State/Ohio State game last night. I only saw part of the second half, but they showed him talking to Izzo once, and showed an MSU player, who he had just whacked for spiking the ball, come up to him and apologize.
They also showed his pre-game, where he mentioned sportsmanship, hand checking, asking the captains to help them and the fact they can ask any of the crew a question.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 10:56am
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 14,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsqrddgd909 View Post
They also showed his pre-game, where he mentioned sportsmanship, hand checking, asking the captains to help them and the fact they can ask any of the crew a question.
Uh oh, does that make Jim Burr "That Guy"? LOL

I know of one D1 supervisor who does not want the officials asking the captains to "help them out".
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR

Last edited by Raymond; Wed Feb 16, 2011 at 02:20pm.
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 11:02am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I know of one D1 supervisor does not want the officials asking the captains to "help them out".
...or "we are going to work hard for you tonight"
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 11:08am
Adam's Avatar
Keeper of the HAMMER
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: MST
Posts: 27,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Uh oh, does that make Jim Burr "That Guy"? LOL

I know of one D1 supervisor does not want the officials asking the captains to "help them out".
LOL, I was wondering the same thing. Personally, my sportsmanship talk amounts to this: "You know who your hot heads are, take care of them so we don't have to."

Not sure if that goes against the D1 supervisor BNR references or not.
__________________
Sprinkles are for winners.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,856
Our Association's trainer e-mailed this out to us:

I believe this is the link that has NCAA Championship official Dick Cartmel on it, can't verify because youtube is blocked here at work:

YouTube - REFEREE PKG.mov
__________________
Dan Ivey
Tri-City Sports Officials Asso. (TCSOA)
Member since 1989
Richland, WA
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpea View Post
omg! "wack! Get out!" i love it!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:40pm
APG APG is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude View Post
Our Association's trainer e-mailed this out to us:

I believe this is the link that has NCAA Championship official Dick Cartmel on it, can't verify because youtube is blocked here at work:

YouTube - REFEREE PKG.mov
Excellent video...thanks for sharing.
__________________
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Excellent video...thanks for sharing.
You Bet! Since the site is blocked here...Hopefully, this is the link that has Dick C. mic'd up and/or he is pre-gaming with his fellow officials with the video monitor.
__________________
Dan Ivey
Tri-City Sports Officials Asso. (TCSOA)
Member since 1989
Richland, WA
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old Wed Feb 16, 2011, 03:48pm
APG APG is offline
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieDude View Post
You Bet! Since the site is blocked here...Hopefully, this is the link that has Dick C. mic'd up and/or he is pre-gaming with his fellow officials with the video monitor.
Yup, that's the video.
__________________
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
College Official & High School Official IREFU2 Basketball 5 Tue Mar 10, 2009 04:54pm
Official Fee pamala smigiel Soccer 1 Wed Apr 23, 2008 09:54am
New Official APG Basketball 9 Mon Apr 23, 2007 05:39pm
Official Gear - ASA Official Pants Dakota Softball 10 Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:20am
High School Official vs NCAA /College Official CLAY Basketball 22 Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:29pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1