The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 07:36pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Sport Officiating Increases Impacting Budget ...

From one of our local Connecticut newspapers: Officiating Costs Increasing Yearly:

http://www.southingtonobserver.com/02_11_11/01.pdf Page 1

http://www.southingtonobserver.com/02_11_11/15.pdf Page 15

Note: Here in Connecticut, basketball officials, and I believe all other sports officials, have signed contracts with the CIAC to get a yearly fee increase equal to the average pay increase for teachers, statewide. This past season it was slightly less than 2%. No more yearly contracts signed in smoke filled, back rooms.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Feb 14, 2011 at 07:58pm.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 07:52pm
Official Forum Member

I say let "the board" officiate the games if they don't like the fee increase...
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 07:58pm
Official Forum Member

being a former school board member and seeing the financing for a 1400+ student base school....the cost of officials is peanuts in the grand scheme of things...
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 08:08pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRef5 View Post
I say let "the board" officiate the games if they don't like the fee increase...
Nah - let the hot moms officiate. I bet attendance would increase.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

The School Budget Issues are all my Fault

Tomorrow I have a 5:15 JV B games 62 miles from the house. (I know others here drive longer distances, but humor me)

Assuming 20 mpg I'll use about 6 gallons of gas round trip, about $19.00 plus $4 toll money.

The game fee (which is the same as last years fee) is $53.00 for sub-varisty and the check will arrive somtime in April if I'm lucky. Time wise it's a about a five hour commitment to travel, do the game and return home.

Yes, it's easy to see that the budget problems in school districts are my fault. I admit it, I'm making too much money on this. Please don't consider higher fees in coming years.

While we're at it I'd like to admit that I am equally responsible for the 1970's gas crisis, Debbie Boone's recording of You Light Up My Life, and the election of Jimmy Carter.
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 10:38pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref3808 View Post
Tomorrow I have a 5:15 JV B games 62 miles from the house. (I know others here drive longer distances, but humor me)

Assuming 20 mpg I'll use about 6 gallons of gas round trip, about $19.00 plus $4 toll money.

The game fee (which is the same as last years fee) is $53.00 for sub-varisty and the check will arrive somtime in April if I'm lucky. Time wise it's a about a five hour commitment to travel, do the game and return home.

Yes, it's easy to see that the budget problems in school districts are my fault. I admit it, I'm making too much money on this. Please don't consider higher fees in coming years.

While we're at it I'd like to admit that I am equally responsible for the 1970's gas crisis, Debbie Boone's recording of You Light Up My Life, and the election of Jimmy Carter.

Don't forget global warming you seal clubbing pig.