The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Off topic: Super Bowl National Anthem (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/61928-off-topic-super-bowl-national-anthem.html)

Kelvin green Sun Feb 06, 2011 06:35pm

Off topic: Super Bowl National Anthem

You think that Christina Aguilera could get the words right.

Maybe I shouldnt get wrapped up in it. but after all some of us have sacrificed you think she could have spent a little time making sure she got it right.

chseagle Sun Feb 06, 2011 06:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvin green (Post 726906)

Maybe I shouldnt get wrapped up in it. but after all some of us have sacrificed you think she could have spent a little time making sure she got it right.

The gal from Glee would of been better

grunewar Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:04pm

As I was listening to it I thought something sounded a bit odd......and then, my brother called to discuss the issue......blech.

bainsey Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:14pm

Hey Christina, don't lock in those lyrics.

grunewar Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:20pm

Wayne Bradey says.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 726916)
Hey Christina, don't lock in those lyrics.

Me likey!

And for thsoe who may have missed it......below is from the "inter-web" (Thank you Mr. Gore!)

Well, at least we know she sang it live?

The National Anthem at the Super Bowl is typically pre-recorded, but Christina Aguilera chose to sing it live for the Packers vs. Steelers game on Sunday night... and she probably shouldn't have. Yes, Aguilera messed up the lyrics to "The Star-Spangled Banner," singing "what so proudly we watched" instead of the correct words, "o'er the ramparts we watched."

Oops.

It's the Super Bowl. They couldn't have hooked her up with a prompter?

26 Year Gap Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 726919)
Me likey!

And for thsoe who may have missed it......below is from the "inter-web" (Thank you Mr. Gore!)

Well, at least we know she sang it live?

The National Anthem at the Super Bowl is typically pre-recorded, but Christina Aguilera chose to sing it live for the Packers vs. Steelers game on Sunday night... and she probably shouldn't have. Yes, Aguilera messed up the lyrics to "The Star-Spangled Banner," singing "what so proudly we watched" instead of the correct words, "o'er the ramparts we watched."

Oops.

It's the Super Bowl. They couldn't have hooked her up with a prompter?

Especially since the Bears weren't in it and the 'prompters' were available.

Judtech Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvin green (Post 726906)

I appreciate your sentiments. However, the great thing about this country is even though some bottle blonde (she looks SOOO much better as a brunette) can screw up the words but a) Isn't wearing a burka and b) won't be beheaded or have her tongue ripped out for screwing up the lyrics.
Having said all that, I think it was awesome that they did a live shot (can't remember the award or who won it) from overseas. Now THAT guy shows commitment!

grunewar Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 726929)
Having said all that, I think it was awesome that they did a live shot (can't remember the award or who won it) from overseas. Now THAT guy shows commitment!

The Walter Payton Man of the Year award is given annually by the National Football League honoring a player's volunteer and charity work, as well as his excellence on the field. For 2010 it was Madieu Williams, Vikings.

Judtech Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 726930)
The Walter Payton Man of the Year award is given annually by the National Football League honoring a player's volunteer and charity work, as well as his excellence on the field. For 2010 it was Madieu Williams, Vikings.

Thanks, I just watch the game for the commercials and occiasional 1/2 time. (The Who, Prince, U2). I think it really justified the award that he was with our troops. How easy would it have been for him to be at the "Big Game". Class act!

BillyMac Sun Feb 06, 2011 07:56pm

Don't Know If She's Single, Or A Mom, But She's Still Hot ...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6ZcS4H1ndE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eyezen Sun Feb 06, 2011 08:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 726934)
Don't Know If She's Single, Or A Mom, But She's Still Hot ..

Meh...I thought she looked about as good as she sang.

Judtech Sun Feb 06, 2011 08:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyezen (Post 726935)
Meh...I thought she looked about as good as she sang.

+1 Much hotter as a brunette!!

GoodwillRef Mon Feb 07, 2011 06:05am

Sing the song like it is our National Anthem...it is not up to your personal interpretation...I hate singers who stray and use notes that aren't even there. Give the song the respect it deserves.

BillyMac Mon Feb 07, 2011 06:50am

Sometimes Cover Bands Are Boring ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 727140)
Sing the song like it is our National Anthem, it is not up to your personal interpretation. I hate singers who stray and use notes that aren't even there.

I believe that Francis Scott Key would also think that she was hot.

Rich Mon Feb 07, 2011 09:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 727140)
Sing the song like it is our National Anthem...it is not up to your personal interpretation...I hate singers who stray and use notes that aren't even there. Give the song the respect it deserves.

As long as they keep it under 1:25 or so. It's not a funeral dirge. We had a band last week that finished it in about a minute. I want to take them from school to school with me.

And I thought Aguilera was trying to look like Cyndi Lauper. Terrible look, terrible voice. Too bad, cause now we'll be forced to go back to lip synching both the anthem and the halftime show (which is getting terrible reviews cause of the sound quality -- hey, at least they were actually singing! It's not a sound studio and isn't going to sound like one).