The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Lost Password OT (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/61686-lost-password-ot.html)

Loudwhistle2 Thu Feb 03, 2011 03:43pm

Lost Password OT

Hey this is Loudwhistle. I'm not sure who can help me but here goes. About 4 days ago my laptop no longer remembered my username or password. I can't remember my password now and I tried having it emailed to me but the email I get back from this forum regarding lost passwords doesn't help me get my password, Moderator or whoever, Can you PM me my password? Thanks, LW

26 Year Gap Thu Feb 03, 2011 03:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 725835)
Hey this is Loudwhistle. I'm not sure who can help me but here goes. About 4 days ago my laptop no longer remembered my username or password. I can't remember my password now and I tried having it emailed to me but the email I get back from this forum regarding lost passwords doesn't help me get my password, Moderator or whoever, Can you PM me my password? Thanks, LW

NOW, yer askin' for it.

bob jenkins Thu Feb 03, 2011 04:34pm

I can't seem to find out how to see or send you your p/w. If someone knows the software and can point me in the right direction ...

Welpe Thu Feb 03, 2011 04:49pm

Loudwhistle...

Go here, you should be able to reset your password assuming you can still access the e-mail address that is on your account.

The Official Forum - Lost Password Recovery Form

Loudwhistle2 Thu Feb 03, 2011 04:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 725880)
Loudwhistle...

Go here, you should be able to reset your password assuming you can still access the e-mail address that is on your account.

The Official Forum - Lost Password Recovery Form

Thanks guys, Welpe, that is the exact thing I'm doing and that %%#^ won't work.

Good one 26, loved it!:D

Welpe Thu Feb 03, 2011 04:57pm

Strange. What does it do when you put your e-mail address in?

Are you using the same e-mail address for this account and your original account?

Adam Thu Feb 03, 2011 04:58pm

"BigBoy"

26 Year Gap Thu Feb 03, 2011 04:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 725887)
"BigBoy"

Agitator.

Adam Thu Feb 03, 2011 05:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 725888)
Agitator.

Hey, who told you my password?

26 Year Gap Thu Feb 03, 2011 05:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 725897)
Hey, who told you my password?

Secret Squirrel.

jTheUmp Thu Feb 03, 2011 05:19pm

Loudwhistle2 Thu Feb 03, 2011 05:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 725886)
Strange. What does it do when you put your e-mail address in? It asks me to type two words that are scrambled in such a way that I can't tell what the heck they are. Last night after about 10 tries in two hours I finally got the friggin words right and then this morning when I tried the email response from the forum it didn't work!:mad:
Really bums me out because for the last two days I've known "all" the answers for recent posts right off the top of my head, but I couldn't post!!:rolleyes:

Are you using the same e-mail address for this account and your original account?

Yes

Welpe Thu Feb 03, 2011 06:18pm

Couple things:

1) If you need help with the two words, let me know and I can do the submission for you. PM me your e-mail address.

2) On your current account (Loudwhistle2), change the e-mail address to something else. Another e-mail address if you have it or a throwaway address such as "[email protected]". Maybe use something other than that @mailinator.com so that Snaqs doesn't pull any shenanigans.

I suspect that both accounts on the same e-mail address is confusing the system.

Loudwhistle2 Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 725924)
Couple things:

1) If you need help with the two words, let me know and I can do the submission for you. PM me your e-mail address.

2) On your current account (Loudwhistle2), change the e-mail address to something else. Another e-mail address if you have it or a throwaway address such as "[email protected]". Maybe use something other than that @mailinator.com so that Snaqs doesn't pull any shenanigans.

I suspect that both accounts on the same e-mail address is confusing the system.

First off thanks for the help! I used a different email address to get the Loudwhistle2 to work so as far as I know my original account only has the one email address. I'll PM you now. Right, never give Snaqs an in, he's a clever one!

M&M Guy Fri Feb 04, 2011 09:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 725994)
Right, never give Snaqs an in, he's a clever one!

I'm sure he would say the same thing, but don't overestimate him.

:D

stir22 Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00am

there are many password recovery software programs available for free on the net. you might even have one on your computer, if it is windows based. if not, you can easily find a free one on the web, download the program and it'll find the passwords that have been used on your computer. do a google search for "password recovery" and you find thousands that will work just fine.

mbyron Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 726053)
I'm sure he would say the same thing, but don't overestimate him.

:D

It's easy to do.

BillyMac Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:26pm

Because He's Not The Clever One ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 725994)
Never give Snaqs an in, he's a clever one!

But we all know that it's alright to give Mark Padgett your bank account number, and PIN.