The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT - partner commits worst sin of all! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/61148-ot-partner-commits-worst-sin-all.html)

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 25, 2011 03:19pm

OT - partner commits worst sin of all!

In one of the "competitive" kids rec leagues I work, we get paid by the home team during halftime. Last night, my partner gives the home coach a T in the first quarter. I told him he would have to suffer for that by being the one who asks the home coach for our pay during the half. His eyes grew really big and he said, "Oh no - what was I thinking?"

I got him off the hook by being the one to ask. The coach just nodded towards the bleachers and said, "It's over there". He was pretty snotty about it. I went over to a woman who seemed to be the team mom and said the coach sent me over to her to get our pay. This is actually pretty common in this league. It's usually a parent who handles the pay. She got out our envelopes, handed them to me and said, "Was he nasty to you when you asked?" I nodded and she said, "Don't take it personally. He's always like that. I should know. I'm his wife." I said, "Sorry?", like I didn't hear her. She repeated, "I said I'm his wife". I replied, "Oh I heard you. I'm just sorry." She cracked up.

chartrusepengui Wed Jan 26, 2011 09:08am

+100

GoodwillRef Wed Jan 26, 2011 09:10am

Priceless!

fullor30 Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 721587)
In one of the "competitive" kids rec leagues I work, we get paid by the home team during halftime. Last night, my partner gives the home coach a T in the first quarter. I told him he would have to suffer for that by being the one who asks the home coach for our pay during the half. His eyes grew really big and he said, "Oh no - what was I thinking?"

I got him off the hook by being the one to ask. The coach just nodded towards the bleachers and said, "It's over there". He was pretty snotty about it. I went over to a woman who seemed to be the team mom and said the coach sent me over to her to get our pay. This is actually pretty common in this league. It's usually a parent who handles the pay. She got out our envelopes, handed them to me and said, "Was he nasty to you when you asked?" I nodded and she said, "Don't take it personally. He's always like that. I should know. I'm his wife." I said, "Sorry?", like I didn't hear her. She repeated, "I said I'm his wife". I replied, "Oh I heard you. I'm just sorry." She cracked up.

Henny Padgett, here all week folks.

26 Year Gap Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 721821)

What's this 'week' stuff?

fullor30 Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 721827)
What's this 'week' stuff?

Make it 'weak'

Mark Padgett Wed Jan 26, 2011 01:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 721821)

Try the veal. :)

Amesman Wed Jan 26, 2011 01:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 721866)
Try the veal. :)

Kind of odd: I think of ham instead for this thread. :rolleyes:

Mark Padgett Wed Jan 26, 2011 01:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amesman (Post 721894)
Kind of odd: I think of ham instead for this thread. :rolleyes:

Sorry - I don't eat swine (really).

Welpe Wed Jan 26, 2011 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 721905)

I don't think he was referring to dinner...

Back In The Saddle Wed Jan 26, 2011 02:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 721905)

You just play a ham online? ;)

26 Year Gap Wed Jan 26, 2011 02:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 721941)
You just play a ham online? ;)

snort:D