The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Apr 02, 2000, 03:59pm
Official Forum Member

What ever happened to Ed Cota? Seems as if he stood back and let 2 underclassmen handle the pressure of breaking that press too many times. Where was his stamina? I remember the days when NC could be down by 20 and storm back and win by 20. That program is as weak as toilet tissue, sorry to say. Anybody care to disagree.
Old Sun Apr 02, 2000, 11:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alaska Ref
Red face

Gee you sure are hard on Cota.

The guy played all but one minute of the tournament. He worked very hard to to put and keep NC in the Tourney. Ture the freshman had a couple of great games but the steady player, scorer and rebounder, the LEADER of the team is Coda.

Remember NC was not supposed to be in the Final Four, Hell not even expected to get into the Tournament.

This is my call on the Tar Heals their Coach and Team.

------------------
Don
Old Mon Apr 03, 2000, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

I was impressed by the way NC went so far in the tournament too.

Didn't care for the excuses NC gave for not winning Florida game though. Cota said after he got 4th he played soft on Defense and that was why Florida frosh killed them. No credit given to Florida. If coach leaves you in there you better play good D.

I'm rooting for Florida. One of our guys (Providence) is the coach. Lets go Friars.
Old Mon Apr 03, 2000, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

RonJay42 you are too tough.
Remember Cota got his fourth foul only 7 minutes into the 2nd half. He probably should have come out because he could not play defense.
Forte was no where to be found in the first half (freshman nervousness), but in the 2nd half he played great. He was the only one to score, since Florida kept the ball away from Haywood. Notice the big difference in the # of free throws Haywood had in the 1st half versus the 2nd.
I love this game and it is great to see it IN PERSON!
Old Wed Apr 05, 2000, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Red face

quote:
Originally posted by Alaska Ref:
Gee you sure are hard on Cota.

The guy played all but one minute of the tournament. He worked very hard to to put and keep NC in the Tourney. Ture the freshman had a couple of great games but the steady player, scorer and rebounder, the LEADER of the team is Coda. I may be tough but the leader ran away from the ball during crunch time and didn't fill passing lanes to receive ball during press like Cleaves did. For a guy to have been in the final four 3 out of 4 years and perform like that leaves alot to be desired.

Remember NC was not supposed to be in the Final Four, Hell not even expected to get into the Tournament.

This is my call on the Tar Heals their Coach and Team.

Old Wed Apr 05, 2000, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bsilliman:
RonJay42 you are too tough.
Remember Cota got his fourth foul only 7 minutes into the 2nd half. He probably should have come out because he could not play defense.
Forte was no where to be found in the first half (freshman nervousness), but in the 2nd half he played great. He was the only one to score, since Florida kept the ball away from Haywood. Notice the big difference in the # of free throws Haywood had in the 1st half versus the 2nd.
I love this game and it is great to see it IN PERSON!

So true you are about Cota but his presence on the floor wasn't the same as Cleaves with a high ankle sprain. No comparison. That program wastes a lot of young mens time by not allowing the bench in the game year in and year out. And by the way Mr. Kim couldn't recall you by the email user name but he mentioned a Sullivan. By any chance might that be you?