The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   technical team foul (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/60568-technical-team-foul.html)

furlu55 Sun Jan 16, 2011 01:21am

technical team foul

do all technical fouls count toards team fouls....for example in the game i had today before before the start of teh 2nd quarter team A didnt have a player listed in the book....we assessed the team a techincal foul....does this count towards the bonus for team A....in additioin following teh techinical free throws does team A, also get the ball to inbound....the possesion arrow doesnt come into play, as Team A is awarded the ball regardless of the arrow in thier favor or not, correct?

JohnDorian37 Sun Jan 16, 2011 01:28am

counts toward the team foul count. give A the ball and keep the AP arrow where it is.

RobbyinTN Sun Jan 16, 2011 02:07am

Have you read the rule book and case book? All of this is covered in it ad nauseum

BillyMac Sun Jan 16, 2011 03:52pm

Be Careful Here ???

Direct? Indirect?

Adam Sun Jan 16, 2011 04:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 716901)
Direct? Indirect?

Every technical foul counts as a team foul; you just don't add extras for the indirect charged to the coach.

Nevadaref Sun Jan 16, 2011 05:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by furlu55 (Post 716584)
do all technical fouls count toards team fouls....for example in the game i had today before before the start of teh 2nd quarter team B didnt have a player listed in the book....we assessed the team a techincal foul....does this count towards the bonus for team A....in additioin following teh techinical free throws does team A, also get the ball to inbound....the possesion arrow doesnt come into play, as Team A is awarded the ball regardless of the arrow in thier favor or not, correct?

Your post makes sense this way.

Your answers are: yes, it counts as a team foul towards the bonus for the opponent; yes, Team A is awarded possession and the arrow remains as it was.

Study the chart on page 70 of the NFHS rules book.

BillyMac Sun Jan 16, 2011 07:29pm

Dot The I's And Cross The T's (Pun Intended) ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 716943)
Every technical foul counts as a team foul; you just don't add extras for the indirect charged to the coach.

Rookies of the world unite to thank you.

Stat-Man Sun Jan 16, 2011 08:27pm

NFHS makes technical foul administration simple: every technical foul counts towards the bonus. The NFHS rule book has a summary of technical foul penalites and illustrates which ones also count against players or direct/indirect against the head coach.

NOTE: In NCAA-M, I believe that administrative techicals still do not count towards the bonus. (I believe NCAA-W now matches NFHS). However, it's been a few years since I've been involved at the college level, so this might have changed.

I can't speak for FIBA, but technical fouls in the NBA do not count toward the team foul count at all.

BktBallRef Sun Jan 16, 2011 08:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by furlu55 (Post 716584)
... in the game i had today before before the start of teh 2nd quarter team A didnt have a player listed in the book....we assessed the team a techincal foul....

Please explain.