The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I could almost sleepwalk through this schedule (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/60309-i-could-almost-sleepwalk-through-schedule.html)

Mark Padgett Thu Dec 30, 2010 06:52pm

I could almost sleepwalk through this schedule

Just got an email back from my "major" assignor. I had asked for eleven games over the first two weeks in January but I got only six. Combined with what I'll have from my local kids rec league, that means I'll be working only 16 games in that two week period, unless I pick up some because of other guys canceling, which does happen sometimes. That's like a vacation for me. What's your workload like this time of year?

grunewar Thu Dec 30, 2010 08:04pm

I can pretty much work as much as I want, but have learned to back it off a bit so I don't get too run down.....

We'll start up again next week after the holidays. Usually, I'll do V games on Tues and Fri nights, two Rec Ball Games on Wed, and three or four Rec Games on Sat. So, I'll get seven or eight games a week though Feb.

I could probably work the other days too (minus Sunday), but I enjoy the rest and not coming home late "every" night of the week.

Oh yeah, and my wife is happier too. :o

JugglingReferee Thu Dec 30, 2010 08:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 711005)
Just got an email back from my "major" assignor. I had asked for eleven games over the first two weeks in January but I got only six. Combined with what I'll have from my local kids rec league, that means I'll be working only 16 games in that two week period, unless I pick up some because of other guys canceling, which does happen sometimes. That's like a vacation for me. What's your workload like this time of year?

Next week: 3 games; next weekend: 10+ games.

Terrapins Fan Thu Dec 30, 2010 08:24pm

I do about 3 Varsity games a week and 2 or 3 church league ( HS ).

I am working about 4 nights a week, back off because of family.

Rich Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan (Post 711025)
I do about 3 Varsity games a week and 2 or 3 church league ( HS ).

I am working about 4 nights a week, back off because of family.

3 next week, 6 the week after. 8 HS V and one juco game. I'd rather poke myself in the eye repeatedly than work rec basketball.

Welpe Fri Dec 31, 2010 02:15am

I was set to work two days straight staring Tuesday with a break on Sunday. Looms like my wife us going to be delivering earlier than expected so I think I'm going to be clearing those days. We'll see what shakes out.

grunewar Fri Dec 31, 2010 08:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 711105)
Looks like my wife us going to be delivering earlier than expected so I think I'm going to be clearing those days.

Good luck and best wishes to you and your family!

BillyMac Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:20am

Neither Snow Nor Rain Nor Heat Nor Gloom Of Night ...

Quote:

Going to be delivering earlier than expected.

United States Postal Service, UPS, FedEx ??????

(Good luck.)

stiffler3492 Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:22pm

My schedule really picks up after the New Year

5 days in a row, then Sunday off, then 6 days in a row to start January...I need to convince my girlfriend to buy me a massage for after the season.

Mark Padgett Fri Dec 31, 2010 01:44pm

Quote:

We'll see what shakes out.

Did you mean this literally? :rolleyes:

grunewar Fri Dec 31, 2010 01:48pm

C'Mon Man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 711187)
I need to convince my girlfriend to buy me a massage for after the season.

Girlfriend BUY you a massage! Can't you do better than that?

Now, if you get married, well, that's a different story! ;)

stiffler3492 Fri Dec 31, 2010 01:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 711223)
Girlfriend BUY you a massage! Can't you do better than that?

Now, if you get married, well, that's a different story! ;)

hahaha. Well every time I convince her to rub my back, she always gets preoccupied with whatever's on TV

grunewar Fri Dec 31, 2010 01:58pm

That was quick......

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 711226)
hahaha. Well every time I convince her to rub my back, she always gets preoccupied with whatever's on TV

Me thinks the romance is already gone........ :)

SAJ Sat Jan 01, 2011 01:51am

8 varsity games each week in January. 2 each Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat...have a couple lower level games on a couple mondays somewhere in there too