The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Good First! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/60104-good-first.html)

SCalScoreKeeper Sun Dec 12, 2010 02:47am

Good First!

How's everybody's weekend going? I had a very good first tonight in my varsity boys tournament-

After the award ceremony for our championship game the entire winning team (players and coaches) walked by our table and thanked each one of us (clock operator, shot clock operator, myself) for our time.Never seen an entire team do that yet and was really nice to see!

comical Sun Dec 12, 2010 06:31am

That's never happened to us at our table. Usually one of the officials will stop at the table near the end of the game to thank us. Occasionally a visiting coach will tell us we did a nice job, but I've never seen a team and its coaches come to the table to say thanks.

BillyMac Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:01pm

God Bless Us, Every One ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper (Post 707019)
Really nice to see!

We have a few, small, Christian schools in our assigning area. There certainly is a different "vibe", a good "vibe", working these games. I like the part where the pastor says a prayer before the game, which usually includes praying for the officials. Certainly much better than a coach yelling, "Get your ****ing head in the game".

BillyMac Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:05pm

Like Rabbits ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by comical (Post 707026)
That's never happened to us at our table.

Didn't realize it until now, but they're multiplying. SCalScoreKeeper, chseagle, and now, comical. If this keeps up, pretty soon we'll lose our majority.

grunewar Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:06pm

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 707049)
We have a few, small, Christian schools in our assigning area. There certainly is a different "vibe", a good "vibe", working these games. I like the part where the pastor says a prayer before the game, which usually includes praying for the officials. Certainly much better than a coach yelling, "Get you ****ing head in the game".

I always find what they say interesting, "Grant them wisdom, discretion, and good eye sight......"

chseagle Sun Dec 12, 2010 02:11pm

A new postgame ritual to be instituted?

That's the first time I've ever heard of something like this happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper (Post 707019)
How's everybody's weekend going? I had a very good first tonight in my varsity boys tournament-

After the award ceremony for our championship game the entire winning team (players and coaches) walked by our table and thanked each one of us (clock operator, shot clock operator, myself) for our time.Never seen an entire team do that yet and was really nice to see!

Stat-Man Sun Dec 12, 2010 02:53pm

Quote:

We have a few, small, Christian schools in our assigning area. There certainly is a different "vibe", a good "vibe", working these games. I like the part where the pastor says a prayer before the game, which usually includes praying for the officials. Certainly much better than a coach yelling, "Get your ****ing head in the game".

And just yesterday, at a CYO game, our team had to deal with an opponent who played two starters in all 4 quarters while leading by 22 points. :mad: (The league rule for our 6th grade division is everybody has to appear in at least two but no more than three in a regulation game).

chseagle Sun Dec 12, 2010 03:07pm

Are all those games played at East High with a chorus line?

Quote:

"Get your ****ing head in the game".

comical Sun Dec 12, 2010 03:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 707051)
Didn't realize it until now, but they're multiplying. SCalScoreKeeper, chseagle, and now, comical. If this keeps up, pretty soon we'll lose our majority.

I registered here about five years ago, but obviously I don't post very often.