The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Mom slaps coach (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/60055-mom-slaps-coach.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 08, 2010 03:24pm

Mom slaps coach

This morning I was talking to a friend who also refs and he asked me if anything really interesting happened at the MS girls tournament I worked this past weekend. Something did, so I thought I'd post it here. It was a 7th grade girls game and it was the game just before my shift started, so I only saw the last few minutes. Apparently, one of the coaches thought one of his players was ignoring his instructions, so he sent in a sub for her and as she came off the court, he threw his clipboard at her! Fortunately, he missed. A woman, who I assume was her mom, was sitting about three rows up in the bleachers and she rushed down, ran over to the coach and slapped him across the face!

There was someone from the tournament management there and he ran over to stop whatever was going to happen. I was standing pretty far away at the entrance to that court so I couldn't see everything. Since there was only about 90 seconds left in the game and there was almost a 20 point differential, the refs just called off the game. It took about 10 minutes to clear away the parents who had come over to that bench. My partner and I (he didn't work that game either), got the next two teams to start their warmups so we wouldn't fall behind in the schedule.

I didn't hear any more about it, but it was pretty weird to see. I guess you could call her a really hot mom.

26 Year Gap Wed Dec 08, 2010 03:43pm

So, are you going to hire her for game management purposes?

chseagle Wed Dec 08, 2010 03:52pm

Who needs a TASER when you have a really PO'd hot mom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 706220)
So, are you going to hire her for game management purposes?

Adam Wed Dec 08, 2010 03:56pm

For the record, if I thought the coach was throwing a clipboard at my child; a slap would be the least of his worries.

jophyal Wed Dec 08, 2010 04:31pm

did anyone "t" up the coach for throwing the clipboard???

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 08, 2010 05:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jophyal (Post 706229)
did anyone "t" up the coach for throwing the clipboard???

I dunno, but it really didn't matter since they called the game. If this had happened in my local kids rec league, that coach would be banned forever.

TimTaylor Wed Dec 08, 2010 06:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 706251)
I dunno, but it really didn't matter since they called the game. If this had happened in my local kids rec league, that coach would be banned forever.

That was my thought Mark - should be the last youth game he ever coaches.

grunewar Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:12pm

Can I hire her?

I'll take her with me to some of my games and sit her behind one of the benches and just wait a while! Being related would not be required. :D

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:35pm

Guys - I didn't mention it before, but she looked like she might be a truck driver. Her slap knocked the guy back a few feet. I can only imagine what would have happened if she had punched him with a closed fist.

grunewar Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:38pm

So, what you're saying is.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 706280)
Guys - I didn't mention it before, but she looked like she might be a truck driver. Her slap knocked the guy back a few feet. I can only imagine what would have happened if she had punched him with a closed fist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 706223)
Who needs a TASER when you have a really PO'd hot mom?

This is NOT correct?

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 706281)
This is NOT correct?

She was "hot" as in "boiling over with rage".

chseagle Wed Dec 08, 2010 07:40pm

It all depends what the meaning of hot is ;):D

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 706281)
This is NOT correct?

Adam Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45pm

Eye of the beholder and all that.

Loudwhistle Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaqwells (Post 706225)
for the record, if i thought the coach was throwing a clipboard at my child; a slap would be the least of his worries.

+1

refnrev Thu Dec 09, 2010 06:32pm

Some people do not deserve to breathe the same air the rest of us do.