The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

Shoes

I'm currently wearing NB 888 and my back and shins are killing me. I only do 3-8 games a week.

My partner last year told me to lose weight and buy running shoes. I lost 35 lbs and now I'm going to change shoes.

Any suggestions?
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 11:48pm
certified Hot Mom tester

You can probably do a search here and find about a bazillion threads about shoes.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Smile

I had the same problem. Go see a foot doctor and tell him your problems. My doctor found that I needed a different insole than the one that came with the shoe. He was right no more problems at all.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

NB 610 vs 888

I just bought the 888 shoe, I suppose because I liked the 610 I figured I'd really like the 888. I've worn the 888 several times so far this season and I've some discomfort after games that I don't get with the 610. I may order another 610 and give up on the 888.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 10:11am
Lighten up, Francis.

I got the 888 because the 610 is no longer being made and I can't find it in my size. I don't mind the 888's, but I did like the 610's better.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

I bought the 888 last year and am still using them this year; I don't care for them and find them to be far less comfortable than other NB shoes I have worn in the past. The best ones I ever had were actually a pair of walking shoes. I should probably get a new pair, but the 888's are still in great shape and I hate to spend the money right now. Probably will anyway because my feet are really bothering me. Everybody's foot is different though; what I find comfortable another guy may find incredibly uncomfortable.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:09pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Bazillion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
You can probably do a search here and find about a bazillion threads about shoes.
Oh Padgett how you do embellish.......I did a search and only found a gagillion threads on shoes.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times about exaggerating!
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:20pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Or wait a couple days for the spammer to come along. But I wouldn't buy shoes from him. Just a personal preference. Shared by many.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 01:26pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I'll Be Here All Week Folks, Enjoy The All You Can Eat Shrimp Buffet ...

Quote:
A blonde was speaking to a brunette. The brunette said to the blonde, "I slept with a brazilian man last night!" "Oh my God, you're such a slut!" responds the blonde, "Wait, how much is a brazilian?"
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Nov 21, 2010 at 01:51pm.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 01:39pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A blonde was speaking to a brunette. The brunette said to the blonde, "I slept with a brazilian last night!" "Oh my God, you're such a slut!" responds the blonde, "Wait, how much is a brazilian?"
That makes more sense now.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54outs View Post
I'm currently wearing NB 888 and my back and shins are killing me. I only do 3-8 games a week.

My partner last year told me to lose weight and buy running shoes. I lost 35 lbs and now I'm going to change shoes.

Any suggestions?
Go to a Physical Thearpist who specializes in feet. They will probably make you some orthodics. Also, go to a specialty running store. They will measure your feet 6 ways to Sunday they will watch the way you walk, pronate/supanate, high arch/flat foot etc. They will then recommend the type of shoe that fits your foot best. The trick then is to find it in BLACK!!!
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
I got the 888 because the 610 is no longer being made and I can't find it in my size. I don't mind the 888's, but I did like the 610's better.
I thnik (it's been a couple of years since I did this) if you go to the NB web site, you can get a list of the specs used for each shoe -- last, cushioning, etc. You might be able to find that the 6xx is now being made to replace the 610, and that the reason you don't like the 888 is becasue the mid-sole (or insole, or, ...) is slightly different