The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 19, 2010, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Kentucky vs. Portland @ Rose Garden on ESPNU

What's everyone's thoughts on the game so far?

Portland on board nearly 8 minutes in.

11:35 left in 1st half score is UK 15-Portland 3
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 01:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chseagle View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on the game so far?

Portland on board nearly 8 minutes in.

11:35 left in 1st half score is UK 15-Portland 3
It had one of those feared blarges.....and the bad thing was that it took so long for them to sort it out and resume play. Should have been quick.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 02:02am
Official Forum Member

I noticed that shot clock malfunction as well

Cameron, did you attend in person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
It had one of those feared blarges.....and the bad thing was that it took so long for them to sort it out and resume play. Should have been quick.

Last edited by chseagle; Sat Nov 20, 2010 at 03:16am.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 03:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I noticed that shot clock malfunction as well

Cameron, did you attend in person?
Yes, there in person.

Shot clock malfunction? You mean the violation late in the game (last minute or so) that was clearly not released in time but was uncalled? Or you mean the shot that, from my view at the far end of the court, appeared to hit the rim (it clearly changed directions but it could have been just the board) but they called a violation? (I couldn't say if that was or was not correctly called from my location)

While not sold out, the attendance was pretty good. Probably the largest crowd UP ever sees. While technically a home game for UP, the crowd was probably 75% or more UK. But the UP fans were actually louder.

Some obnoxious fan 4 seats away from me was tossed by security shortly into the second half. He was shouting profanities starting about a half our before the game when he got there and was harassing just about anyone around him...and they were mostly all cheering for the same team as he was. He didn't appear drunk at the start but certainly had a few by the time he was tossed. He wasn't gone soon enough.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 03:52am
Official Forum Member

The shot clock malfunction that occured near the end of the first half.

That one blarge you're talking about, from what ESPNU showed looked as if the ball only hit the backboard, & not the rim.

That other one unfortunately I was unable to view as was away from the TV at the time.

Quote:
Yes, there in person.

Shot clock malfunction? You mean the violation late in the game (last minute or so) that was clearly not released in time but was uncalled? Or you mean the shot that, from my view at the far end of the court, appeared to hit the rim (it clearly changed directions but it could have been just the board) but they called a violation? (I couldn't say if that was or was not correctly called from my location)

While not sold out, the attendance was pretty good. Probably the largest crowd UP ever sees. While technically a home game for UP, the crowd was probably 75% or more UK. But the UP fans were actually louder.

Some obnoxious fan 4 seats away from me was tossed by security shortly into the second half. He was shouting profanities starting about a half our before the game when he got there and was harassing just about anyone around him...and they were mostly all cheering for the same team as he was. He didn't appear drunk at the start but certainly had a few by the time he was tossed. He wasn't gone soon enough.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 04:15am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:

That other one unfortunately I was unable to view as was away from the TV at the time.
Let's all chip in and buy timerboy a Tivo so we can continue to benefit from his sage observations...
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 04:20am
Official Forum Member

My low-end LED-LCD HDTV does not have many A/V inputs as it already has a PS3, Wii, & Dish Network receiver connected to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Let's all chip in and buy timerboy a Tivo so we can continue to benefit from his sage observations...
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That one blarge you're talking about, from what ESPNU showed looked as if the ball only hit the backboard, & not the rim.
What does the ball hitting the backboard / rim have to do with a blarge?
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 11:12am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. Could it affect the shot clock setting if the offense keeps the ball (due to AP)?
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 12:37pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Camron - sorry about that. I'll try to behave properly from now on. I guess I'll leave my "meds" at home.
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
There were two situations...he just mixed them together. THere was a shot clock violation that was called where the ball clearly changed directions on the way down. From where I was, it was not possible to tell if it hit te board or the rim.