The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   10 second count girls high school? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59789-10-second-count-girls-high-school.html)

BktBallRef Sat Nov 20, 2010 09:51am

My experience has been that some shot clock operators reset the clock when they shouldn't, such as when there's a held ball and Team A has the arrow.

Sometimes they don't reset it quickly enough when there's a change of possession, they don't reset it when the ball hits the rim or they even reset when the ball goes OOB.

The errors happen a lot more often than once or twice a season.

Jurassic Referee Sat Nov 20, 2010 09:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 702158)
They're both the same: tree hugging, pot smoking, hippy, thrown-out-of Alaska Mariner fanboys.

Fixed it for ya, Rock-O. Happy now?

Your ex Wimmens supervisor told me you were quite touchy like this, btw. A fatal personality flaw, in her opinion.

BillyMac Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:48pm

Have A Groovey Day ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 702166)
It's just offensive and stupid.

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend any of you Pacific Northwest, tree hugging, pot smoking, Nike wearing, hippies. I'm not a smilie; or blue font; or :d; or XXXOOO; or LOL, OMG, GMWAS, kind of guy.

26 Year Gap Sat Nov 20, 2010 02:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 702193)
Sorry. I didn't mean to offend any of you Pacific Northwest, tree hugging, pot smoking, Nike wearing, hippies. I'm not a smilie; or blue font; or :d; or XXXOOO; or LOL, OMG, GMWAS, kind of guy.

But you USED to be a picture says a million words guy.

BillyMac Sat Nov 20, 2010 03:04pm

You're Right, I Forgot ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 702201)
But you used to be a picture says a million words guy.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...1172&index=ch1

Adam Sat Nov 20, 2010 03:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 702209)

This one cracked me up; off topic or not.

chseagle Sat Nov 20, 2010 06:40pm

When I do shot clock, I am always watching the ball very closely & in case on AP/OOB I pay close attention to the floor officials as to who will get the ball.

The once/twice is on average, for having to do resets due to errors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 702173)
My experience has been that some shot clock operators reset the clock when they shouldn't, such as when there's a held ball and Team A has the arrow.

Sometimes they don't reset it quickly enough when there's a change of possession, they don't reset it when the ball hits the rim or they even reset when the ball goes OOB.

The errors happen a lot more often than once or twice a season.

Adam Sat Nov 20, 2010 06:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 702237)
When I do shot clock, I am always watching the ball very closely & in case on AP/OOB I pay close attention to the <strike>floor</strike> actual officials as to who will get the ball.

Not every school has an eagle-eyed shot clock operator though.

bob jenkins Sat Nov 20, 2010 06:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 702237)
When I do shot clock, I am always watching the ball very closely & in case on AP/OOB I pay close attention to the floor officials as to who will get the ball.

I'm not doubting you, but that makes you better than many of the JuCo / D-3 / NAIA tables around here.

chseagle Sat Nov 20, 2010 09:32pm

Now that's a scary thought

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 702251)
I'm not doubting you, but that makes you better than many of the JuCo / D-3 / NAIA tables around here.

chseagle Sat Nov 20, 2010 09:38pm

Nike is overrated unless you support UO athletics.

Sorry only tree huggers I know of are enviromentalists & pot only gives a person more reason to eat hence why the obesity problem in the nation.

Quote:

Adam Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 702274)
Nike is overrated unless you support UO athletics.

Personal preference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 702274)
Sorry only tree huggers I know of are enviromentalists & pot only gives a person more reason to eat hence why the obesity problem in the nation.

The obesity problem is starting with children; are you suggesting elementary school kids are smoking so much pot they can't stop eating?

chseagle Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 702287)
The obesity problem is starting with children; are you suggesting elementary school kids are smoking so much pot they can't stop eating?

No I wasn't suggesting that.

Part of the problem is the cut of Physical Education programs. Also blame PS3, XBOX & Wii for the childhood obesity.

The Obesity & Pot smoking was a joke as have had neighbors smoke & thanks to them had a bad case of munchies :(

rockyroad Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:48pm

Quote:

Ahhhh, I see from your profile that you are from Connecticut. That explains a lot.

I've been to CT. and got the he!! out of there as soon as I could. You ever been to Washington?

Didn't think so. Ignorance is so unbecoming on most people - but expected of people from CT.

rockyroad Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 702174)
Fixed it for ya, Rock-O. Happy now?

Your ex Wimmens supervisor told me you were quite touchy like this, btw. A fatal personality flaw, in her opinion.

Hahahahahahaha!! :p

I would pay good money to watch you have a sit down with her! We could put it on PPV and make a fortune. Beat the heck out of any of the other "reality" tv that's out there!