The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 28, 2010, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Jurassic!

you need to relax there Jurasic...I had been looking for new shoes because I had shin splints last year. I was not even aware of the Air Max before I saw college guys wearing them. I posted something about this about a month ago and eventually tried them on and fell in love with them. So I'm not sure what your deal is....if you don't like them that that is your prerogative but I have talked to many guys/gals that love them.
Old Thu Oct 28, 2010, 12:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox34 View Post
I currently wear these patent leather referee shoes. The Breezy's are OK. I needed to insert thicker soles inside the shoes--I inserted some Dr. Sholls soles into them. I find the shoes to be too narrow.

I really wish Reebok did not discontinue production of its previous patent leather shoe--The Ref. I usually only wear Reebok products, but something is just not right about the Breezy's for me.
Reebok "The Ref" Patent Basketball Referee Shoes: Ump Attire
Old Thu Oct 28, 2010, 01:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyegb View Post
you need to relax there Jurasic...I had been looking for new shoes because I had shin splints last year. I was not even aware of the Air Max before I saw college guys wearing them. I posted something about this about a month ago and eventually tried them on and fell in love with them. So I'm not sure what your deal is....if you don't like them that that is your prerogative but I have talked to many guys/gals that love them.
I'm probably the most relaxed guy you'll ever know. I'm one degree of relaxedness short of a coma aamof.

My point was what if you tried the Air Maxs on after you saw the college guys wearing them and they gave you a terminal case of shin splints? The way you worded the post I responded to kinda alluded to you trying them just because you saw some college guys wearing them. I was just wondering if that actually was true.

As I said, the choice of shoes was, is and always will be a personal preference imo. What's good for you may be terrible for someone else with a different-shaped foot. That's why these many shoe threads and the recommendations contained within are just a WOBW imo. But that's also only my opinion. That means it's meaningless to everybody but me.

Signed: Comatose Ol' JR

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Fri Oct 29, 2010 at 09:49am.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
I'm probably the most relaxed guy you'll ever know. I'm one degree of relaxedness short of rigor mortis aamof.
Um, rigor mortis is not a relaxed state.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

This place does not have my size in stock!

I assume you posted a link to umpattire, so I could order "The Ref" shoes from them. I tried ordering from them early this year and they did not have my size (9.5) in stock. I wish they would let customers know ahead of time that they only had limited supplies/sizes in stock.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 09:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Um, rigor mortis is not a relaxed state.
Technically right even though I'm not sure how you can get more relaxed than that when you're dead. I went back and changed it to a "coma". That goes with the signature anyway.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Technically right ...
Thank you.