The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Equipment question (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/5952-equipment-question.html)

ChuckElias Mon Oct 07, 2002 02:58pm

Has anybody used the "Intera" shirts from +POS? I just got a catalog today, and they're not very expensive. Are they any good? Hold up well?

Chuck

BktBallRef Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:29pm

Yes! They are very good! I bought two of them two years ago and I'm still using them. They don't have as many seams as the shorts do, and therefore, last longer. The only complaint that I had would be concerning the sleeves. They tend to ride up into your arm pit. They really should offer a sleeveless alternative. But I took care of that with a pair of scissors! ;)

ChuckElias Tue Oct 08, 2002 07:26am

In the catalog, it looks like they're selling striped V-neck shirts in the Intera material. If it's that good, I might try it, but I don't want it riding up on me. I hate that.

braboa Tue Oct 08, 2002 09:27am

Speaking of +POS...

How is the service Chuck? I got the catalogue in the mail about a month ago, and I'm placing an order for the first time with them. I'm getting the interawear sleeveless undershirt and shoes.

Thanks

rainmaker Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:06am

I bought a sleeveless Interra shirt from Honig's and I love it! It feels heavier, but plays cooler and drier. Washes great, doesn't seem to get permanently smelly as soon as the Dri-Fit. I wore it inside out once, tho, and it felt strange; had to reverse it at half-time.

Camron Rust Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:18pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Yes! They are very good! I bought two of them two years ago and I'm still using them. They don't have as many seams as the shorts do, and therefore, last longer. The only complaint that I had would be concerning the sleeves. They tend to ride up into your arm pit. They really should offer a sleeveless alternative. But I took care of that with a pair of scissors! ;)
I think he was asking about the uniform/stripped shirt, not an undershirt. I don't think you would be making your stripes sleeveless. ;)

ChuckElias Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:21pm

Re: Speaking of +POS...

Quote:

Originally posted by braboa
How is the service Chuck?
I don't know, honestly. I've never ordered from them before. I'm trying to decide if I'll try them out

Chuck

bob jenkins Tue Oct 08, 2002 04:35pm

Re: Re: Speaking of +POS...

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Originally posted by braboa
How is the service Chuck?
I don't know, honestly. I've never ordered from them before. I'm trying to decide if I'll try them out

Chuck

Honig's also has the shirt. It's $.50 more, unless you're a 3x or 4x.

The general concensus is that Honig's gives better service.

(BTW, those prices are for the sleeveless version. I see the version with sleeves in Honig's catalog, but not in +POS)