The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Game 1: Correctable Error (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59215-game-1-correctable-error.html)

tjones1 Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:07pm

Game 1: Correctable Error

That's right... one game into the season we had a correctable error. I blame myself as I was fairly sure it was #7 but after I reported and I checked they said no it was #6. I gave the green light to my partner, they pass it in, table starts saying it's #7. I kill it... we correct it and move on... blah.

Someone just dig a deep, deep hole and bury me in it....going to be a long season. :D

Back In The Saddle Fri Oct 01, 2010 02:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 694492)
That's right... one game into the season we had a correctable error. I blame myself as I was fairly sure it was #7 but after I reported and I checked they said no it was #6. I gave the green light to my partner, they pass it in, table starts saying it's #7. I kill it... we correct it and move on... blah.

Someone just dig a deep, deep hole and bury me in it....going to be a long season. :D

Always good to get the one for the season out of the way early ;)

Nevadaref Fri Oct 01, 2010 04:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 694492)

How is that your fault? The table crew provided you with incorrect information. What are you supposed to do--have a scorebook in your pocket? You can't do their entire job for them.

I wouldn't feel a bit bad about this.

BillyMac Fri Oct 01, 2010 06:15am

Is The Arrow Pointing The Right Way ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 694510)
What are you supposed to do, have a scorebook in your pocket?

Hey! Don't give the NFHS any ideas.

Scrapper1 Fri Oct 01, 2010 07:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 694505)
Always good to get the one for the season out of the way early ;)

It's also good if it's the easiest possible fix and/or explanation of any correctable error situation. Just line 'em up and shoot.

eg-italy Fri Oct 01, 2010 08:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 694522)
It's also good if it's the easiest possible fix and/or explanation of any correctable error situation. Just line 'em up and shoot.

It would be a bit harder to explain if they scored a basket before the error was recognized (I mean in NFHS).

Ciao

amusedofficial Fri Oct 01, 2010 08:17am

Can of worms?

Quote:

How is that your fault? The table crew provided you with incorrect information.

No doubt.

But...here we go ...

rockyroad Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:13am

Tom,
Would you rather have it happen in the first game of the season, or the last? :)

grunewar Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22pm

In TJ's Case.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 694546)
Tom,
Would you rather have it happen in the first game of the pre-season, or the last game in post-season? :)

Fixed it for ya. ;)

rockyroad Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 694567)
Fixed it for ya. ;)

Thanks. But I think he got my point anyway.

grunewar Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 694568)
Thanks. But I think he got my point anyway.

I know he did. Just funnin on a Friday afternoon.

Back In The Saddle Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38pm

Quote:

How is that your fault? The table crew provided you with incorrect information. What are you supposed to do--have a scorebook in your pocket? You can't do their entire job for them.

I wouldn't feel a bit bad about this.

Wasn't that in the original 13 rules? :)