The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   First basketball meeting last night. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/59171-first-basketball-meeting-last-night.html)

JRutledge Mon Sep 27, 2010 08:04am

First basketball meeting last night.

First basketball meeting for one of my associations was held last night. My primary association will have our meeting October 7. The following week another organization meets that Tuesday. It is getting to be that time of year.

When will your first meetings be held for basketball?

Peace

grunewar Mon Sep 27, 2010 08:50am

Obviously, you're more proactive than us......

Unfortunately, haven't heard yet. Hopefully soon though.

Fortunately however, we have started our on-floor training and evaluations as we have some V Fall Leagues ongoing that will continue right up until official scrimmages start.

Indianaref Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:46am

Oct 16th, certification clinic, Oct 18th first meeting

26 Year Gap Mon Sep 27, 2010 02:26pm

3rd one with my primary assn tonight. Have had 2 with my secondary assn. Many are on the same night.

JBleach85 Mon Sep 27, 2010 02:40pm

Had one meeting yesterday and won't have another meeting for another association until end of October and then one at the beginning of November. Until then it is back to hitting the rule book and waiting for the new books and equiptment to get here.

Peace
JB

Lcubed48 Tue Sep 28, 2010 03:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 693920)
Unfortunately, haven't heard yet. Hopefully soon though.

Last year, our Oct meeting was held immediately following the rules clinic. This year since the clinics are going online except for remaining 3, it's anyone's guess as to what our leadership will do. We haven't been informed. I'm assuming that your officers are debating similar issues as are mine.

grunewar Tue Sep 28, 2010 04:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcubed48 (Post 694026)
I'm assuming that your officers are debating similar issues as are mine.

I’m not in the inner sanctum to know how debates or discussions are going in my Association…..they’ve probably got a plan, I’m just not privy to it. ;)

Lcubed48 Wed Sep 29, 2010 01:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 694032)
I’m not in the inner sanctum to know how debates or discussions are going in my Association…..they’ve probably got a plan, I’m just not privy to it. ;)

And, that makes two of us.

zm1283 Wed Sep 29, 2010 01:57am

First association meeting is the 10th and the state rules meeting is the 13th.

tjones1 Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:40am

Our first meeting is October 6th.

FrankHtown Thu Sep 30, 2010 07:52am

Houston started new official training classes September 8, and meeting twice a week until October 20. The sessions usually run 3+ hours each. They cover rules, mechanics, rules and more mechanics. We had a chapter meeting August 22, and a chapter rules meeting is set for October 23, with a general meeting 10/25/10. Girls scrimmages start 11/1/10, and Girls games 11/8/10. Boys scrimmages start 11/8/10, and Boys games start 11/15/10.

BillyMac Thu Sep 30, 2010 06:36pm

Can't Wait ...

Interpretation meeting (just new rules and mechancs, no business) Tuesday, October 19, 2010.

grunewar Fri Oct 01, 2010 05:52am

Hope it's not a long drive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 694473)
Interpretation meeting (just new rules and mechancs, no business) Tuesday, October 19, 2010.

How long will that last? :p

BillyMac Fri Oct 01, 2010 06:23am

Really Important Meeting ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 694515)
How long will that last?

The past few years, with little, or no, major rule changes, about an hour. We also review last year's rule changes. This is the most important meeting of the year. We can't work if we miss this meeting. If for some reason we miss our local interpretation meeting, we must attend one of the other four local interpretation meetings in the state given on different nights, and get written proof of attendance.

BillyMac Fri Oct 01, 2010 06:28am

Compass Heading ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 694515)
Hope it's not a long drive!

Connecticut is a small state, with five local IAABO boards. Here in our little corner of Connecticut our meetings are held in a location pretty much near the center of our geographic region. Most members are probably within a forty-five minute drive, and that's the higher end of the time frame.