Old Fri Oct 01, 2010, 06:35am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Connecticut is a small state
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
This is the most important meeting of the year. We can't work if we miss this meeting. If for some reason we miss our local interpretation meeting, we must attend one of the other four local interpretation meetings in the state given on different nights, and get written proof of attendance.
Our most important/can't miss/you can't work annual rules update/interpretation meeting was moved "on-line" this year. If you truly desire to attend a face to face session, the LARGE state of VA. has made it available in all of three, very dispersed locations.......
Old Fri Oct 01, 2010, 08:55am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Our most important/can't miss/you can't work annual rules update/interpretation meeting was moved "on-line" this year. If you truly desire to attend a face to face session, the LARGE state of VA. has made it available in all of three, very dispersed locations.......
Actually, the placement of the 3 on-site clinics isn't too bad. They probably should have added a 4th location on the Southside of Hampton Roads and chosen Charlottesville instead of Mechanicsville. But having one in Mechanicsville and Loundon takes care of a good portion of the population.

Last edited by Raymond; Fri Oct 01, 2010 at 08:58am.
Old Sun Oct 17, 2010, 06:41pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Exclamation Better late than never......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
When will your first meetings be held for basketball?
Just received notice, 27 Oct. Wahoo!
Old Mon Oct 18, 2010, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

October 28 -- rules interpretation meeting (state requirement)
November 7 -- first chapter meeting
December 10 -- first play date in PA this year
Old Wed Oct 20, 2010, 08:01pm
9/11 - Never Forget

On-Line Rules Clinic

As was discussed, here in VA we have moved to a predominantly on-line rules clinic for the first time this yr. here are my thoughts (FWTW):

- Obviously, at home, it was a much shorter drive and definitely a time-saver as I usually got home late.
- I did miss the interaction with other officials and the ability to buy supplies.
- 112 slides? Really?
- I liked the usual player/coach ejection slide(s). Numbers were up last yr.
- Usual uniform slides......mascot location? Shoot me!
- Many, many slides emphasizing "concussions." As is being discussed a bit in BillyMac's thread. I liked the part where our narration said - Officials are not responsible for checking players re-entering the game. If the player is at the table later after we send them off for concussion-like symptoms, we are to "assume" the coach and medical staff have cleared them.
- I missed Joyce's humor and the Q&A.

Happily, the table crew was only mentioned once (to my recollection).

Other thoughts?
Old Thu Oct 21, 2010, 03:28am
Official Forum Member

The Too-Live Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
- 112 slides? Really?
- I liked the usual player/coach ejection slide(s). Numbers were up last yr.
- Usual uniform slides......mascot location? Shoot me!
- Many, many slides emphasizing "concussions." As is being discussed a bit in BillyMac's thread. I liked the part where our narration said - Officials are not responsible for checking players re-entering the game. If the player is at the table later after we send them off for concussion-like symptoms, we are to "assume" the coach and medical staff have cleared them.
- I missed Joyce's humor and the Q&A.
I went to the live clinic in Mechanicsville, and our local board held our first meeting after that. Yes, she hit the increase in ejections hard. Also, the most questions dealt with the concussion issue. She said that the VHSL would support the game officials and their decision concerning any player that is sent off with concussion-like symptoms.