The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Exam #1 question (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/5899-exam-1-question.html)

zac Sun Sep 29, 2002 02:52pm

#31 states: Two free throws are awarded for each foul of a multiple if the player fouled was in the act of shooting and the try is unsuccessful.--Since the answer would be different depending on if the try was a 2 or 3 point attempt any idea on the correct answer??

BktBallRef Sun Sep 29, 2002 03:26pm

Quote:

Originally posted by zac
#31 states: Two free throws are awarded for each foul of a multiple if the player fouled was in the act of shooting and the try is unsuccessful.--Since the answer would be different depending on if the try was a 2 or 3 point attempt any idea on the correct answer??
You answered your own question. Since the answer would be different depending on if the try was a 2 or 3 point attempt, the answer is false.

Mark Dexter Sun Sep 29, 2002 06:35pm

Let's not forget that it's also false because there's no such thing as a multiple foul! :D

Tim Roden Mon Sep 30, 2002 07:14pm

There is such a thing as a multiple foul. There is no such thing as trying to explain it to a coach so it is advisable never to call one. There is a side of me that wants to call one in the first five minutes of the first game I call this season. I won't, and save all of you the embarassment of hearing about me do it.

JRutledge Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Tim Roden
There is such a thing as a multiple foul.
I think Mark was being quite facetious.

Peace

Tim Roden Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:46pm

I know he was being facetious. But I still want to see someone call it. :-)

rockyroad Tue Oct 01, 2002 09:09am

What if we all pitch in $1 each and throw it all into a pool and then give it to Tim if he can PROVE he actually called one within the first 5 min. of his first varsity game of the season??? Any takers??

Jurassic Referee Tue Oct 01, 2002 09:45am

Quote:

Originally posted by rockyroad
What if we all pitch in $1 each and throw it all into a pool and then give it to Tim if he can PROVE he actually called one within the first 5 min. of his first varsity game of the season??? Any takers??
Hey,if you send the money to me,I'll call one of those thingys for ya.I can be bought!Cheaply,too!

rainmaker Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:22am

Quote:

You bet! I'll keep the pot here, and I'll decide what constitutes proof!!

Mark Dexter Tue Oct 01, 2002 07:16pm

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:

You bet! I'll keep the pot here, and I'll decide what constitutes proof!!

I think calling a multiple foul in a varsity game would be worthy of being published - at least in Referee magazine and the like.

Tim Roden Tue Oct 01, 2002 08:25pm

I'll bring the video cameras to the game and we'll see if I can get one called. I could use the bonus for calling one. Thanks for the offer. BTW, I think my offer was for any kind of game but if you want to make it varsity we can live with that.

[Edited by Tim Roden on Oct 1st, 2002 at 08:30 PM]

rainmaker Wed Oct 02, 2002 01:03am

Quote:

I'll bring the video cameras to the game and we'll see if I can get one called.
If the pot is big enough, video will not constitute adequate proof!

ChuckElias Wed Oct 02, 2002 06:36am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
I'll keep the pot here, and I'll decide what constitutes proof!!
You could always keep the pot in Randy Moss' car. . . But then, the D.A. will decide what constitutes proof. :)

Tim Roden Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:17pm

Do I have to have a signed afidavid from both coaches and the scorekeeper?

rainmaker Thu Oct 03, 2002 03:00am

Quote:

Do I have to have a signed afidavid from both coaches and the scorekeeper?
If the pot is big enough, and I'm in charge, you might never have adequate proof. I mean with no money involved at all, there are people who don't believe that any human ever set foot on the moon. Add money into the picture, and we can all quote Johnny Cash, "What is truth?"