The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Official's Association/Board near Durham NH? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/58771-officials-association-board-near-durham-nh.html)

jdmara Mon Aug 02, 2010 03:30pm

Official's Association/Board near Durham NH?

I have a friend moving to Durham NH. Does anybody know the local official's association/board they should contact (Not the NHIAA but the local)? Thanks

-Josh

rsox34 Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:11am

Contacts in NH for relocating official

Steve Rossetti is the Assigner for all scholasitc games in NH.
His email is: [email protected]
His phone number is: 603-225-0096

Kevin Semprini is the Secretary for IAABO Board 122 which includes Durham, NH in its coverag area.
Kevin's email is: [email protected]
His phone number is: 603-436-2450

Mark

Adam Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:43am

One guy assigns all scholastic games in the entire state?

Welpe Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 687692)

Talk about don't piss off the boss.

Adam Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 687693)
Talk about don't piss off the boss.

No kidding, otherwise you'll be working in Vermont.

Mark Padgett Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:10am

Quote:

It's New Hampshire. It's no big deal to assign 20 games, all within a 25 mile radius. :D

mbyron Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 687696)
It's New Hampshire. It's no big deal to assign 20 games, all within a 25 mile radius. :D

That's not too far from the truth. Most of the state is about 50 miles wide, with the widest part about 90 miles. And only about 180 miles long.

Snaq's crack about working in Vermont, however, is way off base. They'd go to MA or ME next. ;)

rsox34 Tue Aug 03, 2010 03:22pm

Yes--one guy assigns scholastic games in NH!

That is correct. I live in a NH town that borders Massachusetts where I also ref games. In Mass--there are multiple assigners who assign games in their respective leagues/conferences.

Quote:

Adam Tue Aug 03, 2010 03:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsox34 (Post 687743)
That is correct. I live in a NH town that borders Massachusetts where I also ref games. In Mass--there are multiple assigners who assign games in their respective leagues/conferences.

How many schools are there?

som44 Tue Aug 03, 2010 06:09pm

I officiate in NH..there are about 100 HS..keeps Steve pretty busy...only real problem officiating here is if you live in Northern area it is a lot of travel. Most of my games are an hour to an hour and half away. Very often you do varsity double headers. Some real small schools ..one with only 50 kids in entire school..7th and 8th graders can play varsity.

Adam Tue Aug 03, 2010 06:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by som44 (Post 687776)
I officiate in NH..there are about 100 HS..keeps Steve pretty busy...only real problem officiating here is if you live in Northern area it is a lot of travel. Most of my games are an hour to an hour and half away. Very often you do varsity double headers. Some real small schools ..one with only 50 kids in entire school..7th and 8th graders can play varsity.

Wow, I think the guys around here assign for between 20 and 30 schools. That seems like a hell of a task.

BillyMac Tue Aug 03, 2010 06:39pm

Steady as a clock, busy as a bee, and cheerful as a cricket ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 687780)
I think the guys around here assign for between 20 and 30 schools. That seems like a hell of a task.

Our local board commissioner assigns for seventy-one high schools. With the exception of a few prep schools, most have both a boys and a girls program. He assigns varsity, junior varsity, and freshman games for these schools. He also assigns many, but not all, of the boys and girls middle school games that feed into these high school programs. For this he earned an income of approximately $27,000.00 for this past season. We have an assistant commissioner that assigns scrimmages, and AAU games. His income is approximately $2,000.00.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Aug 03, 2010 06:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 687694)
No kidding, otherwise you'll be working in Vermont.

IAABO could send you to Connecticut, that is one heck of a drive. :D

MTD, Sr.

Adam Tue Aug 03, 2010 06:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 687784)
Our local board commissioner assigns for seventy-one high schools. With the exception of a few prep schools, most have both a boys and a girls program. He assigns varsity, junior varsity, and freshman games for these schools. He also assigns many, but not all, of the boys and girls middle school games that feed into these high school programs. For this he earned an income of approximately $27,000.00 for this past season. We have an assistant commissioner that assigns scrimmages, and AAU games. His income is approximately $2,000.00.

That's a lot. Our guy does the G/B F, JV, Soph, and Varsity for those schools. I'll have to double check the count if I ever have access to the infformation at the same time I'm caring about it.