Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Not all areas are the same.

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge

I know in Illinois, the state (which is the only one that assigns playoffs) has no knowledge of what games I do or where I do them until after I have officiated it.
Illinois is not the only "state" that assigns playoffs. For state playoffs, my association sends a list of "qualified nominees" and the state, in conjunction with the association assignor, makes the determination of who will officiate and at what level (A, AA, or AAA). In a lot of cases, there is a mixed crew (different associations).
That's not what Jeff said. HE said that in Illinois, the State association is the only one that assigns playoffs. "Assigners" assign regular season games, but not playoffs.

He was making a contrast to Love2Ref's post -- where it appears that "assigners" assign playoffs and regular season games.
Bob Jenkins: Thanks for pointing that out -- I did misread Rut's post. Should have had the 2nd cup of coffee first.