The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   E-mail Hacked (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/58247-e-mail-hacked.html)

tjones1 Fri May 28, 2010 11:13am

E-mail Hacked

All -

Some of you I have contacted off the board via e-mail. My e-mail address was hacked late last night or very early this morning. If you have an e-mail from me please disregard it. I apologize for the spam - hopefully I can get it back and under control.

I promise that I'm not in Wales UK and I don't need $2,000. Also, I don't have any hotel or taxi problems. :D

Again, sorry if you got an e-mail from me.

If I ever catch the SOB who did this... I'm going to request Chuck send him the 512 reasons to bring back the jump ball.

Adam Fri May 28, 2010 11:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 679057)
If I ever catch the SOB who did this... I'm going to request Chuck send him the 512 reasons to bring back the jump ball.

What makes you think it was Billy Mac?

bainsey Fri May 28, 2010 11:24am

Quote:

I promise that I'm not in Wales UK and I don't need $2,000. Also, I don't have any hotel or taxi problems. :D

My mom got this same type of email months ago. What's more, she owns an oceanfront cottage business, and her granddaughter lives in Wales, so she thought it was the real deal.

grunewar Fri May 28, 2010 11:26am

Woo..... thanks for the heads up TJ. I was just about to send you a check! Of course, in the tradition of the Forum, you can always just send us your account and PIN number..... :p

Sux though. Hope it's not too problematic for you. Good luck.

Mark Padgett Fri May 28, 2010 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 679061)
her granddaughter lives in Wales

So her granddaughter lives with Jonah? :rolleyes:

Judtech Fri May 28, 2010 03:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 679067)
So her granddaughter lives with Jonah? :rolleyes:

Yep, in a tidy hamlet just outside of Ninevah!

Adam Fri May 28, 2010 04:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 679120)
Yep, in a tidy hamlet just outside of Ninevah!

Nice place, Ninevah. Hell of a night life.

BillyMac Fri May 28, 2010 04:27pm

Those Middle School Girls Games Lasted Forever ...

Quote:

512 reasons to bring back the jump ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 679060)
What makes you think it was Billy Mac?

The "Bad Old Days". And don't forget, we had to walk to all of our games, in the snow, uphill, both ways. Some of those middle school girls games would still be going on if they didn't change from jump balls to alternating possession..

Adam Fri May 28, 2010 04:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 679126)
The "Bad Old Days". And don't forget, we had to walk to all of our games, in the snow, uphill, both ways. Some of those middle school girls games would still be going on if they didn't change from jump balls to alternating possession..

Sure they would. Officials would learn to let the girls play through 80% of those "held balls" rather than killing the play too quickly.

26 Year Gap Sat May 29, 2010 04:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 679128)
Sure they would. Officials would learn to let the girls play through 80% of those "held balls" rather than killing the play too quickly.

They didn't play through any of them. Before the gap occurred, these tie ups would usually involved at least 4 players and often 8 or 10. And often right after a jump ball.

Adam Sat May 29, 2010 04:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 679215)
They didn't play through any of them. Before the gap occurred, these tie ups would usually involved at least 4 players and often 8 or 10. And often right after a jump ball.

I will say that, for the most part, around here anyway, girls are getting better at playing through these rather than both of them looking at me as soon as the defender gets her hands on the ball.

26 Year Gap Sat May 29, 2010 05:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 679216)
I will say that, for the most part, around here anyway, girls are getting better at playing through these rather than both of them looking at me as soon as the defender gets her hands on the ball.

Wasn't that way in the 70's.

tjones1 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:21pm

I was able to get my account back under control. Thankfully, I was able to get my contacts and several e-mails I needed.

If you need my new e-mail address, please send me a PM.