The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Even though I disagree with your opinion, I respect your right to have that opinion. And that's true even though you obviously don't have the same respect for anybody else to be able to form their own opinion also. It's not up to you...or me...to tell anybody what they can or can't post on this forum.

Think about it.....
Mr Kettle, I'd like to introduce you to Mr Pot. Mr Pot, this is Mr Kettle.
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Did you ever "wrestle" anyone famous?
I worked mainly with WCW, so worked with a lot of those guys -- Meng was one of my trainers (big Samoan guy), Billy Gunn, Eddie Guerrero (RIP)... in a battle royal got knocked around by a lot of famous guys hahah.

And while the punches are pulled, a chair to the head is still a chair to the head, getting slammed on your back is still being slammed to your back, etc.
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Really Nevada? I just don't see that the defender was ever in the path of the offensive player in this one. He was still moving trying to get into the path but didn't quite get there before the contact. It wasn't like he was in the path and moving to maintain position.
Agreed. The defender was still moving into the dribbler when contact was made, as the dribbler had changed direction to move around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
I've got a charge on this. The defender gets both feet on the floor in the path of the offensive player. Sure, he leaned a little. But he certainly did not create the contact, the offensive player barreled right through him.
That's fine. I'm sure it's not the first one you've ever missed.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Why isn't the defender allowed to still be moving at the time of contact in this situation?
I agree that the defender can still move laterally. If he had taken one more step to his right and taken the contact more squarely in the chest, I think I would be more inclined to have a charge.
Old Mon May 24, 2010, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
I agree that the defender can still move laterally. If he had taken one more step to his right and taken the contact more squarely in the chest, I think I would be more inclined to have a charge.
I agree....1 more step to the right and this would be a charge. (step being at least 1 foot or so).
Old Tue May 25, 2010, 03:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I'm sure it's not the first one you've ever missed.
It's at least the third.