The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Sawbo (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57817-sawbo.html)

ocreferee Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:29pm

Sawbo

Big camps coming up on the women's side next weekend and I was wondering if anyone else here was headed to SAWBO in Raleigh. I am looking forward to learning from some great observers and officials as well as having a chance to be seen by Charlene Curtis and hopefully other supervisors.

It will be my first try at the D1 level after 7 seasons of division 3 ball. I know a few on this site have gone before. Any advice for a SAWBO camp rookie?

Thanks,
OCReferee

Judtech Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:34pm

Good luck and have fun. Not sure where all the sites are this year but if there is one at NC State get there early. Parking is horrible and there are a WHOLE lot of courts in two different gyms.
Just treat it like any other camp. Don't cling to any of the evaluators, even if you disagree with something take the advice, and try WIMPYS Hamburgers. Very good hole in the wall!!

Texref Wed Apr 07, 2010 02:10pm

I will be headed out to SAWBO as well. Hopefully we'll get to work a game together.

ranjo Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:13am

Went to the Sawbo camp for three consecutive years and enjoyed each one of them. Got some great feedback and got to know and work with many fine officials. I would highly recommend it.

IREFU2 Fri Apr 09, 2010 08:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocreferee (Post 672841)
Big camps coming up on the women's side next weekend and I was wondering if anyone else here was headed to SAWBO in Raleigh. I am looking forward to learning from some great observers and officials as well as having a chance to be seen by Charlene Curtis and hopefully other supervisors.

It will be my first try at the D1 level after 7 seasons of division 3 ball. I know a few on this site have gone before. Any advice for a SAWBO camp rookie?

Thanks,
OCReferee

I will be there as well. Hope to see you there.

kgeorge0263 Sat Apr 10, 2010 07:07pm

SAWBO Camp

I went to SAWBO a couple years ago and it was a great experience. I heard the better summer camp for SAWBO I hear is in Suwanee as the courts are all in 1 location, so it is easier to be seen by those you want to be seen by. There are some great evaluators and just work hard, listen and be a good partner. Best of luck...

Judtech Sun Apr 11, 2010 02:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgeorge0263 (Post 673329)
I went to SAWBO a couple years ago and it was a great experience. I heard the better summer camp for SAWBO I hear is in Suwanee as the courts are all in 1 location, so it is easier to be seen by those you want to be seen by. There are some great evaluators and just work hard, listen and be a good partner. Best of luck...

This year it is the last weekend in July. Sponosred by FILA. Great place to be seen.

KingTripleJump Sun Apr 11, 2010 06:09pm

Is the Suwanee/Atlanta camp full?

ocreferee Wed Apr 14, 2010 06:48pm

Schedules are out.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in NC this weekend. I'm number 27 on the schedule....maybe we are working together. I have two games with folks I know. One I haven't seen in nearly 10 years since I was working college extramural tournaments :)

Travel safely!

CHRIS

ocreferee Wed Apr 14, 2010 06:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTripleJump (Post 673387)
Is the Suwanee/Atlanta camp full?

The application link is still up on the sawbo.org website so I would guess that there is still room. Last year when the camp filled they took the link down and made a notation that it was full.

Judtech Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:52pm

Yeah, Brad does a good job keeping all the info up to date. If you don't have your registration in yet, I would do so before the big shin dig this weekend inthe Triangle. That seems to boost attendance in Suwanee.