The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   The worst thing (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57816-worst-thing.html)

mbyron Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54am

The worst thing

No, not Duke winning. Good for them, they earned it.

The worst thing is that all we have left to watch is NBE. Blech.

Adam Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17am

The worst thing was hearing Greenberg say in one breath that Coach K made a mistake with having Zoubek miss that last free throw intentionally and in the next breath say Coach K deserves consideration as on a part with Wooden when you take into account the different eras and parity and blah blah blah.

DLH17 Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 672818)
No, not Duke winning. Good for them, they earned it.

The worst thing is that all we have left to watch is NBE. Blech.

Uh, I think you're forgetting something....

Rich Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 672825)
Uh, I think you're forgetting something....

Thanks. There is baseball and hockey. Tonight it will be hockey at 6PM if my HS baseball game is rained out (which it will be).

DLH17 Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 672827)
Thanks. There is baseball and hockey. Tonight it will be hockey at 6PM if my HS baseball game is rained out (which it will be).

Those two certainly apply, however, I was thinking of a game between a certain west coast powerhouse and east coast national powerhouse on the hardwood tonight. :)

btw...can't wait for the SC Playoffs...just hope the Blues can produce a miracle and get IN. They will need help beginning with an Avs loss at Vancouver tonight.

mbyron Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLH17 (Post 672835)
Those two certainly apply, however, I was thinking of a game between a certain west coast powerhouse and east coast national powerhouse on the hardwood tonight.

Only one powerhouse in that game, I'm afraid.

Jurassic Referee Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:22pm

Quote:

however, I was thinking of a game between a certain west coast powerhouse and east coast national powerhouse on the hardwood tonight.

There might be more people watching Rich's high school beisbol game...even if it's rained out.

26 Year Gap Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassic referee (Post 672838)
there might be more people watching rich's high school beisbol game...even if it's rained out.

+1

Rich Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44pm

Quote:

Those two certainly apply, however, I was thinking of a game between a certain west coast powerhouse and east coast national powerhouse on the hardwood tonight. :)

Golden State and Washington? :confused:

Rich Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 672838)
There might be more people watching Rich's high school beisbol game...even if it's rained out.

And it just was. Got 3 games in before the first rainout, though.

26 Year Gap Tue Apr 06, 2010 01:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 672845)
And it just was. Got 3 games in before the first rainout, though.

In many areas, bargain night at the movies is Tuesday night. Probably where the crowds will be.

DLH17 Tue Apr 06, 2010 01:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 672844)
Golden State and Washington? :confused:

Stephon Curry (sp?) goes 1 on 5? That would be interesting.

Mark Padgett Tue Apr 06, 2010 02:34pm

Spring leagues start this weekend. I expect I'll be working two of them although I won't get schedules until Thursday. You can come watch the games if you want. They'll be at Beaverton HS and at the YMCA Hoop complex, also in Beaverton on Saturdays and Sundays for about six weekends. Grade levels are 5th through HS.

Be sure to bring some hot moms with you.

fiasco Tue Apr 06, 2010 02:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 672823)
The worst thing was hearing Greenberg say in one breath that Coach K made a mistake with having Zoubek miss that last free throw intentionally and in the next breath say Coach K deserves consideration as on a part with Wooden when you take into account the different eras and parity and blah blah blah.

So you can't be one of the greatest coaches of all times and still make judgment calls that people won't agree with? I'm not understanding your logic here.

Love him or hate him, Coach K will soon be the most successful coach of the modern era by any standard (wins, Final Fours, championships, conference titles, you name it). I don't think it's hard at all to make the argument that, with the way today's game is structured (early departures, coaching carousel, etc), that puts him right up there with Wooden.

Adam Tue Apr 06, 2010 03:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 672877)
So you can't be one of the greatest coaches of all times and still make judgment calls that people won't agree with? I'm not understanding your logic here.

Love him or hate him, Coach K will soon be the most successful coach of the modern era by any standard (wins, Final Fours, championships, conference titles, you name it). I don't think it's hard at all to make the argument that, with the way today's game is structured (early departures, coaching carousel, etc), that puts him right up there with Wooden.

Actually, I agree with that particular decision. Give them a throw-in with the clock stopped and they are far more likely to get a good look at a three point shot.

That was only a small part of the problem; which was actually Greenberg drinking from the Blue Koolaid. I'm not even suggesting he's not the best coach and recruiter of the modern era; I just don't like the fact that he's been this successful while making public displays of his whining to officials.