The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 21, 2010, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Fantastic Finish Mich St./MD

Tremendous ending to the game. MD makes a big run to take the lead for the first time since 7-6, then Mich St. makes a bucket to go up 1. MD comes back and scores with just over six seconds remaining to regain the lead, but Mich St. hit a 3 at the buzzer for the win!
Old Sun Mar 21, 2010, 04:17pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Concur.....

A typical "Big Dance" ending!

As a long time Terp fan (truth be told when I was growing up I went to a basketball clinic at Lafayette College hosted by Dr. Tom Davis (then HC there before winding it up as Iowa HC many yrs later. His Asst Coach was Gary Williams - kinda cool). So, naturally, I was disappointed at the ending, but I thought the replays showed a clear breakdown in defensive coverage on the shooter......and then a heck of a buzzer beater......and all this and MSU was without one of their better players for a good part of the game.

MSU deserved the win.
Old Mon Mar 22, 2010, 01:31am
Official Forum Member

Correct!! I am yelling at the T.V. stop the ball! stop the ball!. Defense packs it in the lane. Great shoot!! Great ending!! Oh my, please do not expand the field great March madness...
Old Mon Mar 22, 2010, 01:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
A typical "Big Dance" ending!

As a long time Terp fan (truth be told when I was growing up I went to a basketball clinic at Lafayette College hosted by Dr. Tom Davis (then HC there before winding it up as Iowa HC many yrs later. His Asst Coach was Gary Williams - kinda cool). So, naturally, I was disappointed at the ending, but I thought the replays showed a clear breakdown in defensive coverage on the shooter......and then a heck of a buzzer beater......and all this and MSU was without one of their better players for a good part of the game.

MSU deserved the win.
Izzo said afterwards he thinks Kalin Lucas probably tore his achilles. Not good.
Old Mon Mar 22, 2010, 05:46am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Izzo said afterwards he thinks Kalin Lucas probably tore his achilles. Not good.
Izzo also said he almost called a timeout.....if you watch one of the wide angle views you can see Izzo at the top of the screen start to motion for a TO, but not do it...... can you imagine? Oh the horror, the controversy, the clock management.......
Old Mon Mar 22, 2010, 06:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Izzo also said he almost called a timeout.....if you watch one of the wide angle views you can see Izzo at the top of the screen start to motion for a TO, but not do it...... can you imagine? Oh the horror, the controversy, the clock management.......
In the TO, he would have just drew up a backdoor dunk and won by 1 instead of 2.

"CALLED" a timeout???? Oh the horror, the controversy...
Old Mon Mar 22, 2010, 06:05am
9/11 - Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachP View Post
"CALLED" a timeout???? Oh the horror, the controversy...
His words, NOT mine!