The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fantastic Finish Mich St./MD (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57642-fantastic-finish-mich-st-md.html)

Nevadaref Sun Mar 21, 2010 04:01pm

Fantastic Finish Mich St./MD

Tremendous ending to the game. MD makes a big run to take the lead for the first time since 7-6, then Mich St. makes a bucket to go up 1. MD comes back and scores with just over six seconds remaining to regain the lead, but Mich St. hit a 3 at the buzzer for the win!

grunewar Sun Mar 21, 2010 04:17pm

Concur.....

A typical "Big Dance" ending!

As a long time Terp fan (truth be told when I was growing up I went to a basketball clinic at Lafayette College hosted by Dr. Tom Davis (then HC there before winding it up as Iowa HC many yrs later. His Asst Coach was Gary Williams - kinda cool). So, naturally, I was disappointed at the ending, but I thought the replays showed a clear breakdown in defensive coverage on the shooter......and then a heck of a buzzer beater......and all this and MSU was without one of their better players for a good part of the game.

MSU deserved the win.

truerookie Mon Mar 22, 2010 01:31am

Correct!! I am yelling at the T.V. stop the ball! stop the ball!. Defense packs it in the lane. Great shoot!! Great ending!! Oh my, please do not expand the field great March madness...

bas2456 Mon Mar 22, 2010 01:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 669638)
A typical "Big Dance" ending!

As a long time Terp fan (truth be told when I was growing up I went to a basketball clinic at Lafayette College hosted by Dr. Tom Davis (then HC there before winding it up as Iowa HC many yrs later. His Asst Coach was Gary Williams - kinda cool). So, naturally, I was disappointed at the ending, but I thought the replays showed a clear breakdown in defensive coverage on the shooter......and then a heck of a buzzer beater......and all this and MSU was without one of their better players for a good part of the game.

MSU deserved the win.

Izzo said afterwards he thinks Kalin Lucas probably tore his achilles. Not good.

grunewar Mon Mar 22, 2010 05:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bas2456 (Post 669715)
Izzo said afterwards he thinks Kalin Lucas probably tore his achilles. Not good.

Izzo also said he almost called a timeout.....if you watch one of the wide angle views you can see Izzo at the top of the screen start to motion for a TO, but not do it...... can you imagine? Oh the horror, the controversy, the clock management.......

CoachP Mon Mar 22, 2010 06:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 669723)
Izzo also said he almost called a timeout.....if you watch one of the wide angle views you can see Izzo at the top of the screen start to motion for a TO, but not do it...... can you imagine? Oh the horror, the controversy, the clock management.......

In the TO, he would have just drew up a backdoor dunk and won by 1 instead of 2.

"CALLED" a timeout???? Oh the horror, the controversy... :D

grunewar Mon Mar 22, 2010 06:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachP (Post 669727)
"CALLED" a timeout???? Oh the horror, the controversy... :D

His words, NOT mine! ;)