The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA March Madness ads (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57596-ncaa-march-madness-ads.html)

Juulie Downs Thu Mar 18, 2010 07:35pm

NCAA March Madness ads

Less than a full day in, and i"m already tired of the ads.... except for E-Trade. That mouthy little baby is just too cute

Judtech Thu Mar 18, 2010 07:42pm

"Milka what?!?"
I may cancel my Hampton Inn Rewards card
I am even more firm in my commitment to NEVER buy a chevy!

Juulie Downs Thu Mar 18, 2010 09:12pm

my new all-time low is the "Two pits and a chesty". Gag!!!

bas2456 Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juulie Downs (Post 669092)
my new all-time low is the "Two pits and a chesty". Gag!!!

That one's not new, either. I just hate how many more media timeouts there are.

JRutledge Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bas2456 (Post 669131)

That is probably a year old. And I hate it BTW. I think it is stupid. But then again anything associated with the X-Game type sports are stupid if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Peace

Adam Fri Mar 19, 2010 07:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrutledge (Post 669134)
that is probably a year old. And i hate it btw. I think it is stupid. But then again anything associated with the x-game type sports are stupid if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Peace

+1

Raymond Fri Mar 19, 2010 08:37am

Quote:

Wasn't aware there were more media times-out. Maybe they were longer, but I don't think there were any additional media T-O's. Also, coaches tend to use more T-O's in the tourney.

I don't watch commercials, I'm a channel flipper. Last night it was Sober House w/Dr. Drew.

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:01am

I ignore the commercials by flipping channels, too. Last night was good for that. I got to watch some NHL and also Cheech Marin on Jeopardy. It was a celebrity episode and he stomped Anderson Cooper.

26 Year Gap Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 669200)
I ignore the commercials by flipping channels, too. Last night was good for that. I got to watch some NHL and also Cheech Marin on Jeopardy. It was a celebrity episode and he stomped Anderson Cooper.

"I'll take 'Basketball Jones' for $100, Alex."

bas2456 Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrutledge (Post 669134)
that is probably a year old. And i hate it btw. I think it is stupid. But then again anything associated with the x-game type sports are stupid if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Peace

+2

mutantducky Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56pm

There are a lot more ads in the evening games. But I just turned the tv off after about 10 mins of ads a while ago. They go back for a second and back to ads. happened about 3 times. lame. Yesterday before the evening games the coverage was great.

BillyMac Fri Mar 19, 2010 05:28pm

I Scored It Thornton Over Cooke Ten To Nine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 669200)
I got to watch some NHL.

Me too, but I was actually watching a fight, Matt Cooke versus Shawn Thornton, when all of a sudden, a hockey game broke out, Bruins versus Penguins. The fight was more exciting than the hockey game, so I changed back to the basketball game.

BillyMac Fri Mar 19, 2010 05:29pm

I've Actually Got The 45, Really ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 669205)
"I'll take 'Basketball Jones' for $100, Alex."

YouTube - basketball jones orig. 1975 animated

bearclause Fri Mar 19, 2010 05:44pm

Quote:

I don't think there are. It looks like the standard under 16-, 12-, 8-, 4- minute media timeouts. BTW - I personally have never seen the under 15-, 10-, 5- minute media timeouts. Anyone here ever see that format used before?

What CBS seems to be doing is using the called timeouts at the end of games to put in quick 15 and 30 second ads. Other broadcasters don't seem to do that.

And help me out here, since I can't seem to find an answer. What happens if an entire media timeout period goes without a suitable stoppage in play? That media timeout just goes away?

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 19, 2010 05:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearclause (Post 669328)
And help me out here, since I can't seem to find an answer. What happens if an entire media timeout period goes without a suitable stoppage in play? That media timeout just goes away?

They have a camera person flash a bright light in the eyes of someone about to receive a pass so the ball goes OOB.