The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 06, 2002, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Hmm, does this mean the U.S. might actually think of putting together a TEAM for the upcoming Olympics . . . beyond lack of effort and one-on-one play, most disgraceful of all, reports are that only 2 players (Reggie and Brand) bothered to stay long enough to congratulate the winnners -- and we wonder why sportsmanship suffers with the kids? Makes me wonder if we'd do better with college players who wanted to go out and play . . . . But, in the end, I'm sure it was really the ref's fault that the U.S. lost . . . (sarcasm, guys, sarcasm!)
Old Mon Sep 09, 2002, 12:37am
Official Forum Member

Smile

What's happening in the States in Basketball is so much like what happened in Canada with Hockey.
We became too cocky, too complacent, lost our fundamentals, and the world who we taught to play hockey began to beat us at our own game. It took those defeats and many more years of really hard work to regain our status in hockey, which we did this year with world championships for both men and women. If the US doesn't watch their six the same is going to happen to them in BB. Mark my words.
Old Mon Sep 09, 2002, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

I agree. I think that the way the US players talked after the loss suggested that they hadn't really learned anything -- although no one said it explicitly, they sounded like they were embarassed by having had a loss, but that it was still a foregone conclusion that they would win the gold, but they just had a black mark on their record.