The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Two NCAAW questions. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57530-two-ncaaw-questions.html)

mick Fri Mar 12, 2010 08:59pm

Two NCAAW questions.

Michigan Tech Women hosting a DII regional.

Please.

Jump ball recovered by V-Jumper; ball was touched only by jumpers.
Home got throw-in and V got arrow.

Defense kicked ball and there was no Shot-clock reset.

Are these results correct?

Thanks.

APG Fri Mar 12, 2010 09:13pm

A.R. 151. During the opening jump ball, A1 illegally catches the tossed ball. The referee blows the whistle and awards the ball to B1 at a designated spot nearest to where the violation occurred. How is the alternating possession arrow established?

RULING: The first legal possession is by B1 on the throw-in. When the official hands the ball to the player from Team B, the alternating possession arrow shall be set for Team A.
(Rule 6.2.2)

Rule 2, Section 11. Duties of Shot-Clock Operator

The shot-clock operator shall:

Art. 6.
Stop the timing device and reset it:
f. When an intentionally kicked or fisted ball occurs with 14 seconds or less remaining, set to 15 seconds;

mick Fri Mar 12, 2010 09:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 668104)
A.R. 151. During the opening jump ball, A1 illegally catches the tossed ball. The referee blows the whistle and awards the ball to B1 at a designated spot nearest to where the violation occurred. How is the alternating possession arrow established?

RULING: The first legal possession is by B1 on the throw-in. When the official hands the ball to the player from Team B, the alternating possession arrow shall be set for Team A.
(Rule 6.2.2)

Rule 2, Section 11. Duties of Shot-Clock Operator
The shot-clock operator shall:

Art. 6. Stop the timing device and reset it:
f. When an intentionally kicked or fisted ball occurs with 14 seconds or less remaining, set to 15 seconds;

Thanks, AllPurposeGamer !
I'm smarter than I was. :)

refesq11 Sun Mar 14, 2010 02:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 668104)

(Rule 6.2.2)

Forgive me, but this is different from other rules sets? Am I having a brain fart?

APG Sun Mar 14, 2010 02:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by refesq11 (Post 668230)
Forgive me, but this is different from other rules sets? Am I having a brain fart?

Same ruling under NFHS. Casebook play 6.4.1 Situation E