The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WIAA 4A State Finals (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57529-wiaa-4a-state-finals.html)

CK Fri Mar 12, 2010 04:52pm

WIAA 4A State Finals

Watched a replay of the WIAA 4A Girls and Boys State championship games on FCS on Tuesday. Riverside and Mead, Kentwood and Jackson. Just wanted to say what a GREAT job the officials did in both games. They looked great in all respects of the job they did. Just wanted to comment on the professionalism of their work and give my congratulations to getting there and doing a great job. Well deserved. Anyone on here knows or was one of these officials, pass along my congratulations on a job WELL done.

CK

fullor30 Fri Mar 12, 2010 05:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 668061)
Watched a replay of the WIAA 4A Girls and Boys State championship games on FCS on Tuesday. Riverside and Mead, Kentwood and Jackson. Just wanted to say what a GREAT job the officials did in both games. They looked great in all respects of the job they did. Just wanted to comment on the professionalism of their work and give my congratulations to getting there and doing a great job. Well deserved. Anyone on here knows or was one of these officials, pass along my congratulations on a job WELL done.

CK

Wisconsin or Washington? Maybe Wyoming?

CK Fri Mar 12, 2010 05:31pm

Washington

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 12, 2010 05:59pm

I thought maybe Arkansas. Hey - I never claimed to know how to spell.

AKOFL Fri Mar 12, 2010 06:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 668080)

You are confusing yourself with me again Mark.:p

mbyron Fri Mar 12, 2010 07:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 668080)

I thought that was going to end up a slam on Arkansas. You know, the state who's slogan is: "At least we're not Mississippi!"

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 12, 2010 07:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 668088)
I thought that was going to end up a slam on Arkansas. You know, the state who's slogan is: "At least we're not Mississippi!"

I thought it was "At least we're not SoCal!"

CK Fri Mar 12, 2010 08:16pm

Not to hijack my own thread :p, but the Texas state tournament was on as well. The officials had numbers on the back of their shirts. Is this the norm for the season or just for tournament play?

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 12, 2010 08:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK (Post 668098)
Not to hijack my own thread :p, but the Texas state tournament was on as well. The officials had numbers on the back of their shirts. Is this the norm for the season or just for tournament play?

I don't know about Texas, but in Nevada, the officials wear numbers on their jerseys to reflect the point spread. :cool:

CK Fri Mar 12, 2010 08:51pm

:eek:

Thats good Mark. Thanks for the chuckle.