The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   espn tournament challenge (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57482-espn-tournament-challenge.html)

Gargil Mon Mar 22, 2010 07:47am

I am already looking forward to filling out next years bracket:confused:

Raymond Mon Mar 22, 2010 07:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gargil (Post 669749)

I'm in 4th place but have ZERO chance of winning. I can't even pass the person who is 10 points in front of me. Big East (G-Town/Nova/'Ville) and a lack of faith in Duke killed me.

The Duke thing really burns me because the only early season prediction I made was that Duke had the talent to be an Elite Eight team and then I turnaround and pick them to lose in the 2nd round. :(

Adam Mon Mar 22, 2010 08:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gargil (Post 669749)

I know you're north of them, but are you a Cubs fan?

Adam Mon Mar 22, 2010 08:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 669725)
Northern Iowa? :D

LOL, nah, I like the Panthers. Had quite a few friends who went to UNI. I told my wife as we were watching that one that I'd like them to win even though it would just destroy my bracket. There's only one game a year when I root against them.

26 Year Gap Mon Mar 22, 2010 09:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 669769)
LOL, nah, I like the Panthers. Had quite a few friends who went to UNI. I told my wife as we were watching that one that I'd like them to win even though it would just destroy my bracket. There's only one game a year when I root against them.

And that would not be dook, I take it.

BillyMac Mon Mar 22, 2010 04:42pm

Computer Error ...

Wait a minute? I just realized it. I wanted to pick Kansas State, instead of Kansas, in the final against Kentucky. Somehow the word, "State", got left off my bracket when I logged in. Maybe some type of computer error? How hard could it be to have somebody at ESPN just add the word, "State", to all my Kansas picks? Maybe I'll take a drive down the street to Bristol and see if they'll change my brackets?

rockyroad Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 669755)
I'm in 4th place but have ZERO chance of winning. I can't even pass the person who is 10 points in front of me. Big East (G-Town/Nova/'Ville) and a lack of faith in Duke killed me.

The Duke thing really burns me because the only early season prediction I made was that Duke had the talent to be an Elite Eight team and then I turnaround and pick them to lose in the 2nd round. :(

Sure you can...one quarter of my bracket is toast. But I still have a shot at 3 of the FF, and both in the Champ. game...hey, maybe I could pass the guy in front of me?!!?

just another ref Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 670024)
Sure you can...one quarter of my bracket is toast. But I still have a shot at 3 of the FF, and both in the Champ. game...hey, maybe I could pass the guy in front of me?!!?

You and I are basically in the same boat. If one of our respective teams happens to win it all, one of us should be golden. If not, we've still got our health.

I'm a big Cornell fan.

(Where is Cornell?)

Raymond Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 670024)

1/2 of my bracket is toast and you and I have the same picks essentially in the brackets that I am still alive.

My PPR sucks.

mbyron Tue Mar 23, 2010 06:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 670027)
(Where is Cornell?)

In "gorgeous" Ithaca, NY. You probably know that. :)

Also becoming known as Suicide U, for reasons seemingly independent of the men's basketball team's success.

Also, Andy Bernard's alma mater.

BillyMac Tue Mar 23, 2010 06:58am

Basketball Hotbed ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 670027)
Where is Cornell?

Big Red and Orange -- an upstate uprising - College Basketball - Rivals.com

Gargil Tue Mar 23, 2010 07:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 669768)
I know you're north of them, but are you a Cubs fan?

No I am a Brewer fan, almost as painful as being a Cub fan but we are not really supposed to win. I am surrounded by Cub fans and most of them are pretty nice people:p

Mark Padgett Tue Mar 23, 2010 06:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gargil (Post 670054)
I am surrounded by Cub fans and most of them are pretty nice people:p

Even though they support the most pathetic team in the history of sport.

Can you tell I grew up on the South Side of the Windy City? :cool:

DLH17 Wed Mar 24, 2010 08:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark padgett (Post 670197)
even though they support the most pathetic team in the history of sport.

Can you tell i grew up on the south side of the windy city? :cool:

go cards :d

M&M Guy Wed Mar 24, 2010 09:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 670197)
Even though they support the most pathetic team in the history of sport.

Can you tell I grew up on the South Side of the Windy City? :cool:

Which apparently also puts you on the south side of the intellegence line... ;)

So, just curious as to what measure you use to quantify "most pathetic team in sports"? Is it total World Championships? Well, then the White Sox are just barely ahead at 3-2. And that certainly puts the Cubs ahead of other teams, such as the Padres, Mariners, Rangers, Brewers, Angels, etc., who have none. How would you say the Cubs are worse than say, the Pittsburgh Pirates, who set the record last season for the most consecutive losing seasons, for any major professional sport? Btw, they broke the record set by the (no, not the Cubs) but the Phillies.

Yep, it's been a long time since the Cubs won their last championship, and I'm sure it was a painful childhood memory for you to witness their victory parade. But please refrain from using such obviously unintellegent comments, as it reflects badly on all former Chicago-area residents. Besides, you don't want to wake up some morning to find a goat's head on the pillow next to you... :cool: :p