The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shortest game on record (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57459-shortest-game-record.html)

ref18 Sun Mar 07, 2010 06:45pm

Shortest game on record

Well, have I got a story, this weekend has been the worst weekend that I can remember for coaches conduct. I've given out more T's in my games this weekend than the other 100 or so games I've done so far this year combined.

But this morning, I was doing a 12 year old boys rep game, Blue 6 holds Gold 12 as Gold 3 goes up for a layup, really blatant hold, so I call it, count the bucket, as I'm going to the table to report, the assistant coach for blue is waiting for me there, screaming his head off, assess a T, he then decides to keep going complaining about how we're making "bullsh!t calls", which I find hard to believe as it was only 2 minutes into the game and my first foul call. But anyways he was assessed another T and promptly shown the exit. My partner makes a foul call later in the first period, blue assistant #2 is waiting for him at the table screaming, my partner promptly shows him the door. All that's left is the head coach of blue, who has accumulated 3 indirect T's as a result of her assistants. No one left on the bench to coach, we call the game, with just under two minutes left in the first quarter.

It was disgusting and embarrassing, and I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep doing this rep ball, or just stick to high school/college/mens league.

grunewar Sun Mar 07, 2010 07:49pm

Is it this time of the yr?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref18 (Post 666855)
It was disgusting and embarrassing, and I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep doing this rep ball, or just stick to high school/college/mens league.

My Wreck Leagues are wrapping up too. With so much emphasis placed on winning the "league championships" and securing those coveted trophies, tempers and competitive juices are at their all time highs and things are certainly chippy on AND off the court.

While I didn't have the issues you did, I can certainly appreciate your stories and can certainly relate.

PS - I have two more weeks of championship games and All-Stars to go before we wrap-up the fun for the yr.

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 07, 2010 07:52pm

Quote:

But this morning, I was doing a 12 year old boys rep game,

and I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep doing this rep ball,

What's "rep" ball. Is it just a typo? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious. Thanks. :confused:

ref18 Sun Mar 07, 2010 08:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 666867)
What's "rep" ball. Is it just a typo? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious. Thanks. :confused:

Um...how to explain it. Teams that travel around the province playing in tournaments every week. Not really sure what your equivalent to it is.

dsqrddgd909 Sun Mar 07, 2010 08:09pm

Travel teams? What ages?

ref18 Sun Mar 07, 2010 08:11pm

These were 12 year old boys, but they have anywhere from 9 year olds to 19.

BillyMac Sun Mar 07, 2010 08:12pm

All The Players Should Get A Trophy ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 666865)
Securing those coveted trophies.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/nimage/269da72a67f8fbe0

Ref_in_Alberta Mon Mar 08, 2010 09:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 666867)

Sounds to be an equivalant to "Competitive" AAU ball.

Ref_in_Alberta Mon Mar 08, 2010 09:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref18 (Post 666872)
Um...how to explain it. Teams that travel around the province playing in tournaments every week. Not really sure what your equivalent to it is.

ref18,

seeing as you're talking about provinces, are you loacted in Ontario?

Mark Padgett Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref_in_Alberta (Post 666946)
ref18,

seeing as you're talking about provinces, are you loacted in Ontario?

Is that the metric spelling of "located"? :p

A Pennsylvania Coach Mon Mar 08, 2010 01:13pm

Quote:

No one left on the bench to coach, we call the game, with just under two minutes left in the first quarter.

I heard all about a youth travel league (6th grade boys) game this season that the officials called a forfeit a little under three minutes in. So sorry, no record for you. Probably not for this game I reference either! :D

Mark Padgett Mon Mar 08, 2010 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Pennsylvania Coach (Post 667001)
I heard all about a youth travel league (6th grade boys) game this season that the officials called a forfeit a little under three minutes in.

Any idea why? Just curious.

BillyMac Mon Mar 08, 2010 09:27pm

How Short Was It ???

Quote:

Shortest game on record

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/nimage/9f6a740222e3da38

A Pennsylvania Coach Fri Mar 12, 2010 02:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 667013)
Any idea why? Just curious.

The visiting coach lost his mind apparently, got ejected, and wouldn't leave.