The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 16, 2010, 04:19pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
From a live view and numerous replays, I think that he deliberately grabbed his opponent's shoulder and pulled him backward. Contact alone would have sent the player with the ball in the opposite direction. He also would have had to go through his opponent to get at the ball; he was behind him. My thinking is that the official that made the call got it right.
I was watching the replay trying to figure out how the player fell the way he did. Judging by how quickly the official came up with the X, and the angle he had between the players, it's almost as if he could see something we can't.
Old Tue Feb 16, 2010, 04:27pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I was watching the replay trying to figure out how the player fell the way he did. Judging by how quickly the official came up with the X, and the angle he had between the players, it's almost as if he could see something we can't.
Quick yank on the shoulder twisted him backwards. And the L was in the perfect position to see it. He stepped out on the floor to see the separation. Great job imo...and I said that when I saw it....and as I aslo said, I sureashell ain't fond of Louisville.
Old Tue Feb 16, 2010, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Quick yank on the shoulder twisted him backwards. And the L was in the perfect position to see it. He stepped out on the floor to see the separation. Great job imo...and I said that when I saw it....and as I aslo said, I sureashell ain't fond of Louisville.
But where do you stand on Louisville JR? I am confused as to whether or not you like or dislike them? Also, while we are on the subject... do you have an opinion on their coach, Mr. Rick Pitino.
Old Wed Feb 17, 2010, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

ESPN.com interview with Tim Higgins - intentional foul referenced in Syracuse/L'ville game: LINK

Last edited by DLH17; Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 01:53pm.