The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Another kind of streak (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57086-another-kind-streak.html)

Rich Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:27am

Another kind of streak

Great game tonight. 1 vs. 2 in the conference, boys, 2-person.

6:14 left in the second quarter. Partner is the trail, tableside. All of a sudden, a blur. Partner kills play, ball's in my area. I look up and there's a streaker running across and off the court.

A bit of a delay and a lot of laughter later (mostly from the players) we started up again.

Senior, probably will be arrested and expelled and won't graduate this year. We're still chuckling over it, though.

Just when you think you've seen it all.

Mark Padgett Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:35am

Was she cute?

Rock Chalk Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 661067)

6:14 left in the second quarter. Partner is the trail, tableside. All of a sudden, a blur. Partner kills play, ball's in my area. I look up and there's a streaker running across and off the court.

A bit of a delay and a lot of laughter later (mostly from the players) we started up again.

Senior, probably will be arrested and expelled and won't graduate this year. We're still chuckling over it, though.

So many jokes here.......

Rich Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 661069)
Was she cute?

Try again.

Back In The Saddle Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:48am

Quote:

You actually do. And wish you hadn't. :D

grunewar Fri Feb 12, 2010 06:27am

Haven't heard of a streaker in a while......

Was it retro night?

Some people.......

Nevadaref Fri Feb 12, 2010 07:17am

Quote:

That punishment is WAY out of proportion with the act. Why would we ever wish to prevent a young person in our society from obtaining a HS diploma over a display of nudity? If that does happen, then the school administration needs some serious retraining.

Jurassic Referee Fri Feb 12, 2010 07:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 661102)
That punishment is WAY out of proportion with the act. Why would we ever wish to prevent a young person in our society from obtaining a HS diploma over a display of nudity? If that does happen, then the school administration needs some serious retraining.

Yup, a simple technical foul would have been the correct penalty.

Right?

BillyMac Fri Feb 12, 2010 07:47am

In The News ...

Quote:

I look up and there's a streaker running across and off the court..

Here's the link to the news report of the incident. It's in the third segment, so be patient.

Yahoo! Video Detail for Ray Stevens - The Streak

Rich Fri Feb 12, 2010 09:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 661102)

Perhaps they wish to discourage future streakers? I'm just reporting, not judging. The police were there, so I think he's going to get arrested, too.

And no, I didn't call a technical foul. Lucky for me -- the kid was painted in the visitors' colors and we found out later he went to the home school.

26 Year Gap Fri Feb 12, 2010 05:27pm

Quote:

Was it retro night? Any leisure suits in the crowd? Did you see Ethel?:D

BillyMac Sat Feb 13, 2010 06:57pm

The Shameless Hussy ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 661318)
Did you see Ethel?

Good one. My nomination for post o' the week.