The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Can't watch NBA games anymore...

Please help me....or maybe I am just old school. SPOILER WARNING...if you read on, this may also drive you crazy watching a game. I have had trouble for quite a while now to watch the way NBA games are played. No, it's not the lack of calls for traveling...I've come to accept that there is no such thing as traveling in the NBA. It is the utter lack of offensive rebounding, throughout the league. Next game, doesn't matter which teams, watch what happens when a shot goes up...you will see the offensive team either just standing around, or most often immediately starting to head the other way. It's almost as if there is an implicit agreement between teams that, "if you don't hustle for for rebounds, we won't either". For my home team, the Celtics, the only player who you could single out who hustles for offensive rebounds is their point guard Rajon Rondo...what's wrong with that picture? And please, don't tell me they have to conserve energy...most of them are of course overpaid crybabies. And when someone does happen to crash the boards and get an offensive rebound, wow, the announcers love it, "that was real hustle"...s/b routine stuff, but not in this NBA.
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestfordRef View Post
Please help me....or maybe I am just old school. SPOILER WARNING...if you read on, this may also drive you crazy watching a game. I have had trouble for quite a while now to watch the way NBA games are played. No, it's not the lack of calls for traveling...I've come to accept that there is no such thing as traveling in the NBA. It is the utter lack of offensive rebounding, throughout the league. Next game, doesn't matter which teams, watch what happens when a shot goes up...you will see the offensive team either just standing around, or most often immediately starting to head the other way. It's almost as if there is an implicit agreement between teams that, "if you don't hustle for for rebounds, we won't either". For my home team, the Celtics, the only player who you could single out who hustles for offensive rebounds is their point guard Rajon Rondo...what's wrong with that picture? And please, don't tell me they have to conserve energy...most of them are of course overpaid crybabies. And when someone does happen to crash the boards and get an offensive rebound, wow, the announcers love it, "that was real hustle"...s/b routine stuff, but not in this NBA.
Couple of points:

1. I've seen plenty of travels called in NBA games
2. This is an officiating forum. You're not going to get a lot of discussion on the rebounding tendencies of the NBA
3. There's a whole trade off between offensive rebounding and getting back on defense. If you're sending the whole team to get the offensive rebound, the defense is going to leak one or two players, get the defensive rebound and be off for an easy fastbreak opportunity.

Your problem might be that your team is the Boson Celtics. A quick look shows they are the worst offensive rebounding team in the NBA. Specifically they average only 8.7 per game while the Detroit Pistons are tops with 13.4 offensive rebounds per game.

Last edited by APG; Thu Feb 11, 2010 at 01:30pm.
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 01:50pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
1. I've seen plenty of travels called in NBA games
So...where can I get some of the meds you're on?
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=AllPurposeGamer;660825]Couple of points:
1. I've seen plenty of travel violations in NBA games
QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya!!
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Your problem might be that your team is the Boson Celtics. A quick look shows they are the worst offensive rebounding team in the NBA. Specifically they average only 8.7 per game while the Detroit Pistons are tops with 13.4 offensive rebounds per game.

Hahaha classic. They just lost to the Hornets last night so he needed somewhere to put his depression - and he's blaming the refs on his team not getting enough offensive rebounds per game.